Mummichog

Lawyer Question

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

I have a lawyer handling my late wife's estate.  Problem is, I haven't been able to get a hold of him for 10 months.  Phone goes to voicemail, unanswered texts and emails bounce back.  I am at the point where the PA department of revenue is coming after me for not filing the taxes on the estate (I am the admin).  I just want to close this thing out and take care of all the loose ends.  What can I do if I can't get ahold of my lawyer?

11 mins ago, Mummichog said:

I have a lawyer handling my late wife's estate.  Problem is, I haven't been able to get a hold of him for 10 months.  Phone goes to voicemail, unanswered texts and emails bounce back.  I am at the point where the PA department of revenue is coming after me for not filing the taxes on the estate (I am the admin).  I just want to close this thing out and take care of all the loose ends.  What can I do if I can't get ahold of my lawyer?

Is this lawyer local?

A visit to the office may be in order.

If you have a buddy that is.lawyer have them give the estate lawyer a call. If you don't want to do that, leave the estate lawyer a voicemail that you are about to hire lawyer to take care of this situation and are going to file a complaint with the state bar. Then go after him. Just make sure he isn't dead.

As far as the pa department of revenue, get your accountant to write them a letter trying to postpone any action the state would take. PA might not be really helpful right because the state is really hurting for revenue, but it will buy you time.

Edited by mwhitt80