stripercrazy

Defund DEM

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

splions, is right its not the officers. its management.....I've seen the part time people checking the fish, counting the numbers, they gave me a sticker.it's not the employees .....I don't know what it will take to get the system to work....but its not not even close....in fact I'm thinking people are at the point of saying screw it I'm getting mine, who's the fool

some of the clubs and wrighters are friendly with the upper DEM people there probly nice people but when do you say ....You suck, your stuff stinks. they doubled the over sands permit price ,my friends  outer states dont drive the beaches now. no trash cans, no crappers, what have we gained with this saltwater lic?

Next time you see an officer ask him how big of an area he is responsible for.  Or maybe how many officers are out on patrol in the state.   Then think about his answers and the ability to enforce the laws.   They are fighting a losing battle with the resources they have. 

Load of BS that they are short staffed. They are around just as much as any other year. They just don’t do their job. They need to go out on the west wall and other popular locations and simply check fish and licenses. They don’t do it. They are lazy.

7 hours ago, Dirty Walter said:

Load of BS that they are short staffed. They are around just as much as any other year. They just don’t do their job. They need to go out on the west wall and other popular locations and simply check fish and licenses. They don’t do it. They are lazy.

How many fish cops do you think there are for the whole state?  Now staff it 24 hours, cover the whole state, all state waters and block island. 

In Ma, in the rare event you're checked by an EPO, or if you engage one in conversation, it doesn't take long before they break into their mantra.   The same thing all the time. How tough their job is. How they're are only 80 EPOs in the entire state, and they all have huge patrol areas. They're overworked. :violin:

To my eyes it appears to be a great job. They have every asset at their disposal. Good pay, benefits.  In these times with millions of people out of work, and unable to feed their families, I would think they'd be happy to have the work.

I was a union state worker for 33 years I’m sure there’s a few slugs working but  most of the dem police I’m sure care about there jobs and want to see there labor work . The bottom line is fish management and enforcement hasn’t worked in 50 years, the more money we throw at it don’t work too what did all the 7 dollar saltwater lic fee do for us nothing

2 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

I’d be a serial killer if I was a squirrel cop. Imagine dealing with the dirtbag portion of us? 

I agree. I’m sure that’s the reason they avoid the popular areas with poachers. It’s too much of a headache and there won’t be any real punishment from the courts anyways. 

9 mins ago, z-man said:

I agree. I’m sure that’s the reason they avoid the popular areas with poachers. It’s too much of a headache and there won’t be any real punishment from the courts anyways. 

I disagree with this, that is not their decision to make. I get crappy projects at work all the time, and i know the requestor will not use the tools we build for them. However its my job so as long as i willingly accept my job and get paid for it you do it regardless.