swstandring

WTB / WTT Shimano Sustain 5000FE

11 posts in this topic

Looking for a pair of Shimano Sustain 5000FE's.

Will buy outright although I do have a decent amount of stuff I would trade if there's anything you are interested in. 

Preferred with spare spool and box that came with it.  Interested in just the FE's.

Edited by swstandring

I have one but it's no cream puff. Needs a service. Was going to send it in this winter but it appears to have fallen off the list. I have the spare spool and original box.

Where are you located?

5000 is the best size for the Sustain FE's. I have mine, but won't be selling it anytime soon. I rather get rid of my stella's before then. I have a spare 4000 that's brand new I would be willing to part. It's loaded with 15lb power pro.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:01 AM, iputmyhoursin said:

5000 is the best size for the Sustain FE's. I have mine, but won't be selling it anytime soon. I rather get rid of my stella's before then. I have a spare 4000 that's brand new I would be willing to part. It's loaded with 15lb power pro.

If he passes, I’d be interested 

I have several of the 4000's already.  Appreciate the offer though.

Yeah the FE's are to me the very best of the series, they are the last models that seem to have been built to last as opposed to being built with planned obsolescence in mind.  Same with the other Shimano models from that time period.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:01 AM, iputmyhoursin said:

Still available?