jetty eddy

tactical angler clips vs duo lock and split rings

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2020 at 0:01 PM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

....has anyone tried Mustad Fastach clips.

Bumping this thread.  Also wondering what people's thoughts are about these.  They look like they may be easier to attach to poppers, with cupped mouths and all.  

Scooby mentioned a certain clip either on one of his vids or somewhere on the forum.  I forgot what they were.  Scooby, if you're listening....

On 1/21/2021 at 1:08 PM, t_man7 said:

Im wondering if it would be possible to make that style of clip without spring wire (Its similar to a TA clip).  I'll post pictures up of the clips later when I get home.

They have to be made from spring wire beside the bends, that's is what gives the clips any strength being there is no hook to lock wire in place.

Personally speaking here...

I bought a few packs of the TA clips over the winter. I tied a few teasers on leaders with the idea of using the TA clips to attach to my mainline swivels.   

I'm pretty "Meh" on them after messing with them in my basement.   Duolocks have more multi-use for me.  Variety of applications I use them for vs the 1 or 2 for the TA clips.  Plus they're near impossible to get on a riveted tin.  Which I use alot. 

After I go thru what I bought, I'll just continue to buy duolocks.  

Another thing I like about the duolocks is I can bend them shut and "lock" them closed or I can bend them open and have it be a weak link in sinker rigs. 

14 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Duolocks have more multi-use for me.  Variety of applications I use them for vs the 1 or 2 for the TA clips.  Plus they're near impossible to get on a riveted tin.  . 

After I go thru what I bought, I'll just continue to buy duolocks. 

+1

As PS FISH stated

From the personal experiance

Tried them, didin't like them so much and back to duolocks.

I am not saying TA are no good, just duolocks are much better for me.

I like the TAs. The only time I'll leave a split ring on is when it's a recessed lure, but it can def be a pain. I may try a ring/swivel on those lures to make it easier to clip and unclip.