luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2020

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2020 at 6:01 PM, fredneck said:

i miss Assateague so bad, it's a haul for me to get down there & back for a day.

do most of you guys camp overnight?

I usually camp.  Before I had kids, I would drive from Baltimore to OCMD with a group of guys to fish offshore for the day and come back.  It was a midnight to midnight thing.  It's not bad if you have a few people to take driving and napping shifts.  I think we actually made a few trips to fish out of Hattaras inlet like that.  They we a little longer than 24 hours, but we still made it through without having to shell out money for a hotel.

7 hours ago, rwilliamsjr26 said:

Missed going on Saturday, family needed me at home.  I decided to run out for the day on Tuesday, my birthday, and take a last shot at a drum.  My grand daughter came with me, which was great.  First cast @ 9:30 A.M. out deep toward the outer bar and I caught this guy.  Cob Bunker head on fish finder rig.  This was the last trip for my Penn 525 Mag which I had rigged for a big drum.  51", really fat, awesome fight.  I think it might be the one I saw LuckyOC loose in the surf last fall :).

DrumAI10272020.jpg

Very nice fish!

6 hours ago, GW said:

Congrats Rob. Well earned!  You forgot to mention that the mullet was frozen which is hilarious. 

The one I caught this year was on two day old frozen/semi-thawed/refrozen mullet. I still don’t understand it when I had a fresh kingfish head sitting 20’ to the right of it. :shrug:

1 hour ago, BLilly said:

You catch them on a tenkara rod (noticed the hat). :hooked:

Lol that would be something.  I have thought about floating a sand  flea on one tho and see what I could get. 

Edited by Jim McFeeley

48 mins ago, Jim McFeeley said:

Lol that would be something.  I have thought about floating a sand  flea on one tho and see what I could get. 

Same here though I figure my luck a upper slot puppy drum working the wash would run off with my rod

Hi all, it's been a while... brother and I went down to fish a inlet in Delaware today for tog. Used sand fleas and green crab, between both of us we had 2 bites. Fished 4 hours. Both sides. Chilly rain wind conditions. Not many other fishermen. Seen 1 short  caught. Should have stayed home when. I seen the barometer say poor fishing. Oh well,  dont know unless you try, cant catch from the couch.. try again when I get a chance.