luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2020

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

Was able to get to the beach after a year. Fished the short beach Monday, just sharks. Tuesday the beach opened and I went south. Found a spot that held some fish. Only caught on evening/ early night low tide. 

Two drum landed Tuesday evening.

One drum landed and one lost in the wash Wednesday evening.

Not sure why nothing happened on the early morning low tides.

Pretty certain I know why I only caught on the low. I couldn't hit the spot during high.

Tuesday night and Wednesday I needed 10 to hold.

A funny thing happened. My phone updated and I didn't realize I needed to restart it. Had no cell service because of it. Sent the wife texts to check in only to find out later they never went thru. Wife was worried and panicked she didn't hear from me. 

She called her sister who lives on the shore. They couldn't get anyone at the ranger station on the phone so SIL called a retired ranger friend who called someone working at the station. They sent a ranger out looking for me. 

Ranger found me and called SIL. Wife was pretty pissed haha!

DSCN1030.JPG

awesome pic.
great to see you
seems like the new ride has goode karma!

1 min ago, BLilly said:

Man the netters, they have the entire hook in AIVA from the CG station to fishing point netted off today. 

I would love to see a video or picture of that.

38 mins ago, spinr0k said:

I would love to see a video or picture of that.

It wouldn’t be that exciting of a picture as it would just be buoys ever couple hundred yards. 

though at low tide I’d be surprised if some of the nets aren’t on dry ground. 

19 mins ago, delaware surfman said:

Any idea on what they are targeting? 

From the nets that they’ve been pulling up over the last couple of hours, it looks like spot or some other small fish. 

1 hour ago, BLilly said:

Caught my PB drum, 48”

1FF01DF8-C2DC-424F-87D4-14BEA1CC6187.png

Nice fish! I know you worked hard for it. And you're lucky to always have a camerawoman with you.  Pic of a fish laying in the sand just isn't the same.  

1 hour ago, steve maranto said:

Nice fish! I know you worked hard for it. And you're lucky to always have a camerawoman with you.  Pic of a fish laying in the sand just isn't the same.  

Yeah I'm very lucky to have a wife that puts up with me dragging her out of bed at O'dark Thirty to go fish with me (and be the camera women for me when needed otherwise there wouldn't be a pic of it as I never carry my phone on me). 

Fished outback the last few evenings/early am's in Sussex County with some decent catching.  Managed a mix of schoolie stripers, cocktail blues and the occasional shad.  Biggest bass up to 25".  All fish caught on light tackle and are still safely swimming. 

20201016_103215.jpg

20201017_170724.jpg