UncleJohn

October 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,664 posts in this topic

Fished OC from 2 to 6 pm  and tried two different spots, first spot walked and plugged for about two hours not one touch. Headed north a short way and fished, some birds diving out of casting range... talked to a few guys same result, packed it in and headed home. 

10 mins ago, NJTramcar said:

Slow pick fishing this afternoon but a nice day outside.

What are those birds that look like pelicans but dive bomb the ocean?  Very impressive to watch.

I think gannets 

Hit a lot of beach front today. Cant say anything hit my fly. 

Used flashlight on tonights walk with wife over some bridges and still plenty of bait in the back. with the weather for tomorrow and Friday, may just stay in the back. 

On 10/27/2020 at 10:48 AM, GeoffT said:

A huge congrats to @Raak on catching that first keeper!   You deserve it after all the hard work, time and effort leading to this moment.  It was fun to see you grow as an angler and kudos to everyone here who offered you help and advice. 

I still remember my first keeper like it happened yesterday (on a party boat so it doesn’t count).  This is the kind of memory that stays with you, at least it does with me.  

SRI, North Jetty, but on the ocean side, back before they pumped the sand, soaking a clam in the spring.

Out front MoCo. Top of the tide till 4 hours down. Caught and released 9. Dropped a few more. Black bomber out fished the school bus. Slow slow slow.

I think I’m looking forward to tomorrow morning. Can’t get hopes high.

Eeeeels.......

3 hours ago, ND74 said:

A question-- given the approaching storm, a 7AM high tide, rain starting around 10AM- when would you fish tomorrow (outfront NOMOCO) if you only had five hours?

11am until dusk I'll be slinging. Need a few hours of wind and wave action to push the bait over the bar and into the trough. Once the bait schools get broken up and scattered the stripers disperse more. 

30 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

Out front MoCo. Top of the tide till 4 hours down. Caught and released 9. Dropped a few more. Black bomber out fished the school bus. Slow slow slow.

I think I’m looking forward to tomorrow morning. Can’t get hopes high.

Eeeeels.......

Any size to them?

6 - Midnight

MoCo

Started at my normal spot and was greeted by a deer roaming the beach in a very suburban area. Was a real surprise. Plugged along the beach and structure for a few hours with out a touch. Moved to a inlet at the bottom of the outgoing until slack and nada.

Another skunk trip, sixth of this Fall. 220 miles and 4 hours of driving. This routine is getting old!

MoCo out front ... 10pm to 12.30am. almost no wind at all, waves quite small, water line at just after top of tide was way too far and low. Surprised to have caught this angel that saved my skunk (25inch). Nothing before or after this. Great night to be out though. Good night. 5f9a511d1915b_IMG_20201029_010408_81701.jpg.a5ba20b56b2ef86da2e1e7b99909722b.jpg