UncleJohn

October 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,664 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, adams54 said:

So heres a little something for everyone. Some entertainment, and a little report for the moochers and the hardcore guys.  Went out pre-dawn central moco out front. Got there early, was in a real rush because I didnt want to miss out on all that hot action. Jammed everything into my chest pocket and off I went. Got to the spot and someone was there already and had a bass on the sand. Great sign. First cast and wham, small fluke on a large hard plastic swimmer (a first for me). Ok looking good. After that not a touch for anybody. Went up and down the beach. Fished jetty pockets, fished the trough, fished open beach and nada. Not a bump, nor did I see anything else caught. Went into the chest pocket for a time check on my phone and my wallet jumped out and straight into the wash! Huge bummer, I had cash, DL, CCs, etc. I was so pissed I was about to throw all my gear into the ocean. Go big or go home. My wife was going to kill me. I spent 10 minutes wading around in semi turbulent water hopelessly looking for my wallet which sunk because its metal. No way in hell I was going to find it. Spent 10 more minutes moving around and looking and sure enough the water cleared up for just a split second I spotted it and shot my arm up to my shoulder with speed I never knew I had and grabbed it! Made my day.

Inked20201017_074029_LI.jpg

they should make a floating wallet 

3 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Hope its not the 1-4 otherwise better off returning and buying a broom, they are about the same action. 

Turned out to be an excellent rod. Happy with the purchase. Tried all kinds of lures, amazing accuracy and casting range. 

31 mins ago, Jaybees said:

I pulled it as hard as I could before I walked out to the spot and it held. But the tag end had already slipped past where i could see it. Rookie move i know.

You’re very honest . . . Next time!  And replace those hooks and push down the barbs :howdy:

Tried to take the boat out. Battery was dead. I started it before we left and it ran. I've been having issues that I've been working through. I know I had a bad battery that failed the load test, so I replaced it with another battery that my brother had and things seemed OK but then this happened. Nothing is draining it. Either this battery is shot or the alternator isn't working but anyone who says boat fish don't count is just wrong because the work it takes to keep a boat going never ends.

Might make the drive and fish the surf later

Out front north OC, in the dark, through sunrise, high slack and into the outgoing.  No bites or hits.  2 locations.

A bunker swam up onto the sand next to me.  Put him on a medium Hopkins, he swam in the wash for a while.  All I caught was a huge tangle and bent up electrical wire.  My 3 week old full spool is now down about a 1/4. 

Wife wanted to for a long beach walk today because its so nice, you don’t go into the woods without your gun so off we went. Only took about 10 casts as it was new moon low but did catch a fluke, water is still warm and clear, flat with the brisk NW wind, some spearing and rainfish around, birds picking rainfish a few hundred yards out with boats chasing but nothing under them; did see a big school of dolphin go to town on bunker. Nice day. Will fish in the dark

Edited by suntzu