UncleJohn

October 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,664 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, UncleJohn said:

Some Googans come out at night and leave their 1000 Watt Headlamps on all night and scare all the fish away and blind everyone else that is out 

Yup, they are real idiots.  

1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

Some Googans come out at night and leave their 1000 Watt Headlamps on all night and scare all the fish away and blind everyone else that is out 

Dude that’s the worst 

I can’t even tell you how pissed that gets me. I had one goog kill a reall good bass bite one night. I tried to explain to him but he didn’t listen. 
If your afraid of the dark stay the F home. Friggin googan bastages.

Eeeeels.....

Edited by Eeeeels

2 hours ago, patarpon120 said:

Montgomery Co. PA, NW of Philadelphia.

Almost Berks Co. 

I do these "suicide" runs all to often.

Be back at Sunday evening after my sons hockey game.

Same here - except I'm in Lehigh County, starting soon, I do the "run" as well about once a week from mid-oct through beginning of December. It completely wrecks me as we'll either do an over nighter or leave home about 12-1am and head home about 10-11am. Timing depends on the tide/weather and where we decide to go but man is it worth it. Did get out once already this season and picked up one 25" short on the teaser. Looking forward to really starting my season soon.

2 hours ago, patarpon120 said:

Montgomery Co. PA, NW of Philadelphia.

Almost Berks Co. 

I do these "suicide" runs all to often.

Be back at Sunday evening after my sons hockey game.

I’m with ya man, I’m in montco as well but I love it too much not to do it! It’s addicting!

2 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

Yeah man.  Red light for all operations.  White if ya gotta but leaving it on?  It’s like a lighthouse beacon.  If ya can’t fish in the dark then don’t.  
RC

Well said. All I use is red and only use it when I need it!

Googans and idiots are bad, but theyre worse when they blow up a spot on Facebook or find a good bite one day and bring 4 friends back the next. No such thing as secrets around here anymore. Really disheartening. As for a report, I found a few fish out past the second bar last evening. not much bait around that I could see but hopefully something will turn on before we get the remnants of Delta....

33 mins ago, JerseySwells said:

Googans and idiots are bad, but theyre worse when they blow up a spot on Facebook or find a good bite one day and bring 4 friends back the next. No such thing as secrets around here anymore. Really disheartening. 

If I see it with a good report I know exactly where I’m not going for a while....

On 10/6/2020 at 11:19 AM, MarkG said:

I love those Pt Judes

i fish them w/Gray or black Sluggos for sand eel imitations 

also bigger black sluggos for eel imitations. 
Tin squid bodies painted black with above also have great wobble action.
Haven’t bought any in a while so not sure if 

the tins are cheaper than PtJs or which one is heavier

I’ll throw this on  Halloween .8544E6CD-B2B6-4BDC-A1BC-191246AAE3BA.jpeg.9a527c9ba7fa0fda82bc329b25cbfd58.jpeg 

9 hours ago, AndrewA said:

Well that gives me hope then! It sounds like the best of the flats fishing season is still to come too. I'm in New Brunswick, so I've been looking for spots mostly in Middlesex county, MoCo is just that tiny bit further after work...

I’m in the same situation. I live close to you and can’t get deep into Moco after work. If you didn’t know, the southern coast of the Raritian Bay is called the Bayshore. It’s a shame you didn’t get here this spring cuz it was pretty great. With Middlesex, google maps satellite view or google earth was very helpful when I got started. I chucked a lot of bait in the spring, but most of the day pluggers I saw caught within the 4 hour high tide window. It’s very shallow otherwise. So you might want to plan your after work outings around the tide, I do. 

Think I encountered more of the idiot type this weekend. Yeah, I know, what do you expect on the weekend. Figured he could stand 20 yards to my right and cast straight out while I was casting 45 degrees along the beach near a hole and a jetty. No clue. 

5 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

Yeah man.  Red light for all operations.  White if ya gotta but leaving it on?  It’s like a lighthouse beacon.  If ya can’t fish in the dark then don’t.  
RC

Head lamps might be annoying, but when you have to deal with the guys who pull their vehicle (most times they are driving new JEEPS) right up to the spot on the beach your fishing and light you and the water up with high beams and sit there. When you confront them about the lights they reply, " I just want to see if you were doing anything" or It's on AUTO/I don't know how to shut them but they'll shut off after awhile.  You just have to walk away shaking your head, lol.   

10 hours ago, AndrewA said:

Well that gives me hope then! It sounds like the best of the flats fishing season is still to come too. I'm in New Brunswick, so I've been looking for spots mostly in Middlesex county, MoCo is just that tiny bit further after work...

I work in princeton, feel free to shoot me a PM we can definitely get out one or two days this fall. 

55 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

I’m in the same situation. I live close to you and can’t get deep into Moco after work. If you didn’t know, the southern coast of the Raritian Bay is called the Bayshore. It’s a shame you didn’t get here this spring cuz it was pretty great. With Middlesex, google maps satellite view or google earth was very helpful when I got started. I chucked a lot of bait in the spring, but most of the day pluggers I saw caught within the 4 hour high tide window. It’s very shallow otherwise. So you might want to plan your after work outings around the tide, I do. 

+1  Speaking of fishing plugs from the bank....most of the Middlesex County RB spots are tough to fish but fish can be had. It is very tricky because of how shallow it is. Also because it is crowded. However if you walk during a blowout tide you can see the piles of rocks that sometimes hold fish. It's also snag city because of the sunken bricks/ flotsam etc. Even fishing an SP when the tide is around halfway out and you can feel it dragging the bottom. I would watch the tides carefully. Sometimes even a "high" tide in that area of the RB is unfishable with plugs from the bank, save for a few spots. I always start with a topwater depending on the conditions

During the spring the RB shore in Middlesex can be very good to great with bait, and plugs given the right conditions. It is a challenging area to plug from the bank but it can be rewarding at times. Be prepared to lose plugs haha

1 hour ago, ICastAsJason said:

Think I encountered more of the idiot type this weekend. Yeah, I know, what do you expect on the weekend. Figured he could stand 20 yards to my right and cast straight out while I was casting 45 degrees along the beach near a hole and a jetty. No clue. 

You or your friend didn’t happen to break their rod that day?