UncleJohn

October 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,520 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

Can't get out today but I have been watching the beach cams and looking at the Windy app.   The Windy App is telling me that the wind is steady 17 out of the East with Gusts up to 27    The flags that I see on the Beach Cams look more north than anything.    Is it just the Beach cams perspective or is Windy a bit off today.     

What apps do you guys use to check the wind ?

Windy.jpg

Windfinder (the paid version with Superforecast model included).  I found it pretty accurate and am plleased with it.  

Edited by GeoffT

Wind tends to be spot specific I find. Like the general direction is sort of usually right but dunes, buildings, probably even wave action can sort of dictate what way the wind is actually blowing in the spot your standing. That said I need a good app myself

Wind is not terrible at the moment in MC about 14 ENE, ocean is frothy but still clean, building-will be out in a certain spot this evening - can feel temp dropping 

673648F3-EA94-43AC-AB65-87CB1AB0E949.jpeg

Late Report from this AM. Pre dawn 1 hr. N wind, end of incoming, surprisingly pretty flat ocean with little surf and suds. There were few pockets of rolling surf and white water but it wasn’t up and down the beach. Not a bump and also broke off. Later found it was a knot fail. The braid end of the knot was intact. Ugh and the End.