webfoot44

Portable air compressor

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I have the 18V battery powered Ryboi. Takes a full battery for four tires at about 90 seconds or so each from 20 PSI to 35 PSI or so. Battery doubles for the home tools, which is nice and helps justify the price of the battery. Happy with it so far.

14 hours ago, hydraman said:

Smittybilt

This is what I have. It’s the bigger one. It pumps more air than the Viair your considering. It’s heavy and solid. Stay away from the 12v models that plug into the lighter. They just don’t have the juice. Buy a model that attaches directly to your battery. 

The Smittybuilt has impressive performance. It takes the tires on my pickup from 17lbs to 42lbs in about a minute per tire! Most of these pumps are made in China, including the Viair.

16 hours ago, night owl said:

This is the BEST in my opinion. I couldn't be happier. Everybody I've showed it to went and bought one. 

Screenshot_2020-10-02-00-24-34.png

I actually have this one and use it quite a bit around the shop but I didn’t think it would have what it takes to fill up an empty truck tire.

51 mins ago, webfoot44 said:

I actually have this one and use it quite a bit around the shop but I didn’t think it would have what it takes to fill up an empty truck tire.

I own 2 trucks with big tires. My toy truck has 31" off road tires and the other is a super duty that goes to 70psi if memory serves well. Neva had a problem. Just sayin.