AllNighter

This makes me sick

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry had to share this. In RI today And just saw it in my IG feed. I don’t get it. Most of us practice catch and release for these fish. I don’t see anything wrong with keeping a few if you want, but this is too much. Excessive, greedy. Just makes me sick. If I saw this I would have said something. Sorry this stuff just bothers me. 

AD34B999-BC5F-42A4-91CC-30347C289086.jpeg

Edited by TimS
I removed all the promotional stuff from the picture - promoting businesses that promote this stuff is a bad idea

19 mins ago, Madmaxrhody254 said:

What’s the limit on them?

No limit but that shouldn’t be an invitation to kill everything. Keep a few for the table and feed your family, fine. But this? Not good for the fishery, the sport, etc.  

If there's four pounds of eatable meat off each fish, that's well over 300lbs of false albacore. Who the hell eats 300lbs of of tunny?

Wild guess here...(¬_¬)... but something tells me these fish were also not bled or iced properly. So you've got 80 bloody-meat stinkfish going into the freezer. Can't wait til March when they haul these frozen bloody stinkbricks out and servem up to the fam for catfood quality dinner.

37 mins ago, Capt.Castafly said:

It does make you sick. It's just a drop in the bucket how many are killed in fish traps.

Total shame!

Agreed. I feel like the fish trap thing is never going to change though. That kid in the pic and other recreational fisherman can. 

That kid posted that pic thinking it would impress other fishermen. He got a bunch of backlash and pissed off fishermen. Hopefully that changes him, who knows. Or he just won’t post a pic of it next time. Either way he deleted the photo. 

There are no regulations on Albies so they aren’t breaking any rules. What makes me sick is the thought of eating all those un-bled and un-iced fish. I’m sure most will end up in a dumpster. 

Upon looking at this guys Instagram, it was a different guy.
just means someone else was doing it too.  
Sad to think this is a common practice. 
I saw them easily boat/kill 30-40 and I got there late and left early. 

Given this kind of egregious hoarding, it seems it’s time to impose a limit on false albacore. In similar fashion it’s akin to filling a bucket with skipjacks even thought the limit is three bluefish regardless of size.

looks like on his account he Is trying to promote the sale of "Game On!" lures   based out of Connecticut. Not sure if it is family  looking at his account he is clearly from mass so probably someone he is affiliated with.   Just sent the link to this photo /thread to Game on just in case he represents them. 

That is the pure definition of “OVERKILL”. Sad part is, people like this are so near sighted that they’ll never see anything wrong with what they’re doing. No matter how much you try to educate them it probably won’t change their actions.