stormy monday

Grow the f up Nh fishermen.

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

One of the very few places to legally park this year bears this sign, probably to be followed by a no parking sign if some people don't get their act togethrr. Beer cans, coffee cups, market basket bags that stink like old bait. Are shore fishermen here really this vile? And yes I hauled crap out. @$$ hats. 

0929201110.jpg.a7de9eae067b958693eb91994ed177be.jpg

Edited by stormy monday
Wrong pic

It's just wrong to not police your gear and trash!!!!!

Don't be a dink!

I can't tell you how many times I've cleaned up other peoples trash in the last 30 years plus!

The problem is the people who are on this site and see this thread are not likely to be the problem.   As usual, the ignorant few who disregard size rules, along with everything else, will ruin it for the majority of we responsible fishermen.   

How do you know it was from NH fisherman? I would also say that those doing this might be either kids or some less educated folks that do this everywhere, including their own residence. There are people that live like Sanford and Son. Could also be the Canadian tourists but they should be heading home soon?

A better sign might be one that underscores the fine for littering? 

Recently lost access to a kayak launch that was on private land but owner allowed people to use it.  He got tired of picking up garbage so he baracaded the path. Really ashame as there is no public access. I will say that in this case most of the garbage was from people driving down there to drink. Most garbage I find tends to be the drive up to the woods/ beach to get drunk and leave all your garbage behind crowd. Unfortunately some fisherman fit that bill. 

2 hours ago, NHAngler said:

Could also be the Canadian tourists but they should be heading home soon?

The Canadian border has been closed since April.    Not seeing one single Quebec license plate has been one of the best things we've enjoyed here in Maine all summer.   

3 hours ago, NHAngler said:

How do you know it was from NH fisherman? I would also say that those doing this might be either kids or some less educated folks that do this everywhere, including their own residence. There are people that live like Sanford and Son. Could also be the Canadian tourists but they should be heading home soon?

A better sign might be one that underscores the fine for littering? 

Because I'm local, have been fishing this spot 25 years and have a good feel for who accesses it. It's not a place that folks would even know how to get to if they weren't from here. And honestly I've been picking up after these slobs for a lot of those years, it's just gotten worse lately. There is a similar spot that local teens turned into a party site in early summer when they were banned from the beaches - and I can attest those kids (mostly Hampton & Seabrook kids) ALWAYS packed any mess out; they were way more responsible than the so called "adults". I'm always quick to complain about people in the wealthy beach areas trying to keep everyone else out, but I have to be honest - there's a population who don't deserve access. Unfortunately they will ruin it for all.

Idea.  Get some anglers together and tell the owner that you are going clean things up as a gesture from thoughtful folks who respect the access and appreciate the owner's generosity.   I have reached the point in my life that I am tired using my energy being pissed off at the few degenerates who ruin things for the rest of us.  On the other hand, I am not opposed to putting out a few game cameras to try to capture images of the morons in the act for local law enforcement.  Wouldn't that be sweet?

Posted (edited) · Report post

29 mins ago, Topside2 said:

Idea.  Get some anglers together and tell the owner that you are going clean things up as a gesture from thoughtful folks who respect the access and appreciate the owner's generosity.   I have reached the point in my life that I am tired using my energy being pissed off at the few degenerates who ruin things for the rest of us.  On the other hand, I am not opposed to putting out a few game cameras to try to capture images of the morons in the act for local law enforcement.  Wouldn't that be sweet?

I run a RiverKeeper sponsored trash pick-up, on 1/4 mile stretch of stream I live on every Spring.

This is despite my personally picking up cans, bottles, coffee cups, lunch bags.... everyday.   Terrible.  A lot of it here is cabbies and people who come to a slightly out of the way street to eat, drink, party.

Edited by MaxKatt

11 hours ago, MartyK said:

The Canadian border has been closed since April.    Not seeing one single Quebec license plate has been one of the best things we've enjoyed here in Maine all summer.   

It was a joke. ....kind of. :) 

I have seen seen a few plates from Quebec though in NH and Northern MA. Albeit, not in the numbers like most summers so maybe no tourists. The increase in new people interested in fishing made up for it. Likewise, I have never seen so many NY plates in NH like this year.

Trash is one thing, effin needles are another. Sat down to take a break about 3 am one morning not long ago on a southerm maine beach, and as I was sitting there, noticed a needle sticking out of the sand.....Could of been someone or a kid that stepped on it, not good. I did notice one night where I park, about two months ago, that there is usually parking for three, there was 6 cars there and one in a guys drive way, and the best part, NONE FROM MAINE at 2 am...