titleguy

Who here is a member?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I thought you were talking about mine- it goes back to the my Town Tavern days.  Anyway, curious as to members here vs. FFI members.  The new CEO is a very close friend and fishing buddy and I was recently installed as Legal Counsel (a volunteer position, trust me...)

Edited by titleguy

19 hours ago, Good2Go said:

Damn what is this avatar!. Looks like some sort of living alien space ship! 

Peter got it right.  A close up of my PB largemouth on a fly rod.  I caught it on a floating mop fly rather than a popper.  Below is the full view.  It was the FFI when I joined, and like robtf, SJCFA now pays my dues for me.

P5210249 (2).JPG

Got it! Funny how it looks so clear when you see the larger picture/explanation. Just cudna see it! Then, there’s the Scotch. 

4 hours ago, Good2Go said:

Got it! Funny how it looks so clear when you see the larger picture/explanation. Just cudna see it! Then, there’s the Scotch. 

The Scotch is the problem.   It's much clearer with 150 proof vodka.

The only reason I bother to keep my membership is because I don't want to give up my MCI rating.

IMHO, the FFF, IFF,  FFI or whatever they call themselves this year has little to do with Saltwater and that is 99%

of my interest.

Been a member for over 40 years. Overall a solid group. But I also think they have gotten too into the social media and branding crap. How many name changes have they gone through the last 25 years? How many corporate relocations have they gone through the last 25 years?  Those things cost money and not something I was happy to see my membership going towards. And frankly I could care less about it being "international."  There are much bigger entities to deal with the global issues such as IGFA and I would prefer that they kept to North America but that's just me. As I said overall pretty good group.