layer8

New phase of Jersey Shore beach replenishment project starts this week.....

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

For those in NJ who aren't aware, just read an article earlier today on NJ . com about this and figured I'd share.

New phase of $52M Jersey Shore beach replenishment project starts this week in 3 towns

"A trio of Jersey Shore towns is set to undergo a new round of beach replenishment work.

On Thursday, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will begin adding new sand to beaches in Long Branch, Monmouth Beach and Sea Bright.

Barring any weather or equipment delays, the Army Corps expects the work to be done by the end of November.

It is the second phase of a project that began earlier this summer. U.S. Rep. Frank Pallone (D-6th Dist.) said the work done earlier was considered a higher priority.

The total cost of the project is $52 million, according to Jason Shea, a project manager for the Army Corps. The first phase cost $31.5 million, while the second phase will cost $20.5 million."

Article is much longer than this, but this pretty much sums it up.

Edited by TimS
link

It's like a merry go round..

Pump sand down south at the cost of tens of millions,

then dredge up north because they pumped sand down south and it washed away,

at the cost of tens of millions again

Meanwhile NJ and just about every other state is broke because of the wuflu

2 hours ago, ridenfish said:

Meanwhile NJ and just about every other state is broke because of the wuflu

Jersey, aint broke because of no flu. A virus called democratparty , yes. 

Im very confused as well.  I watched them do this in the spring snd watched all the storms wash it all away.   I must be missing something

since i am out of district i cant leave an email. I called and left a message for what ever that is worth. Fishing/surfing/no more surf clams its just such a waste. Its not like the ocean will destroy sea bright, the river will eventually flood it again.  No amount of sand will change that. 

Pics of the covered jetty in front of big Monmouth beach club this past spring after beach replenishment and pics now...here we go again with another round ...

Resized_20200124_145823_3618.jpeg

thumbnail (7).jpe

1 hour ago, Bob S. said:

Pics of the covered jetty in front of big Monmouth beach club this past spring after beach replenishment and pics now...here we go again with another round ...

Resized_20200124_145823_3618.jpeg

thumbnail (7).jpe

My favorites are the 8' drops from the beach club.. These people are really idiots..

I remember when the water went all the way to the wall at big m.  that pocket was great when the water got rough.

what a waste.