Big Biscuit

Finding a Spot

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I've found a spot frequented by day time snapper fisherman that has no one at night. I've been there 8 x's in the last month at night, and haven't been skunked once. How the hell am I fishing by myself in CT?

wife is from CT. Spent a whole lot of time by myself at night in Milford/Stratford/Fairfield/Derby and few other places. Cant say I ever killed it like you are but it was better then watching TV with the In-laws 

BB good to hear your on fish, I’ve been doing to same thing as you. Man i haven’t seen a thing since Labor Day weekend. Bunker where in tight to the shore, Taylors were crunching them fun fishing. After that the fish moved out of my area haven’t seen a thing in a few weeks. I’ll keep at it though cold weather is coming. 

Enjoy it while you can BB, can't say the same in the western end of the state. Some plan B and C spots I'm solo but otherwise better spots are flooded with a mix of NYers, fly rod report chasers, bucket brigades, and 2020 work from home i just started fishing guys. I'll send them east! 

14 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

I wanted to take a video of the blitz this morning, but  couldn't pull myself away from the action. It was on!!!

don't do that video.... unless you want company

2 hours ago, slip n slide said:

don't do that video.... unless you want company

I just told someone the same thing. I'm glad I didn't take a video of the blitz. 

The reason the you don't have crowds is most people  don't have patience for multiple failed days or nights of fishing and just quite.  The fishing has been very slow and different this year although it has been getting worse for years now.  I see almost no one out early AM in spots I frequent,but It is slow..  Water was very warm compared to recent years and I suspect what's left of the quality bass have either gone deep or moved further east to RI,Mass or    Maine.  If you read posts in those areas they still seem to have some good fishing, not great but good. BI had very good fishing in the deep waters.

It doesn't bode well for the future unless aggressive restrictions are made. Don't hold your breath.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 9:01 PM, Big Biscuit said:

I wanted to take a video of the blitz this morning, but  couldn't pull myself away from the action. It was on!!!

Curious, what were they blitzing on?

I'm not seeing squat for bait moving around.

3 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Curious, what were they blitzing on?

I'm not seeing squat for bait moving around.

Peanut bunker, they were going airborne trying to escape the stripers. I've been hitting the usual spots and have seen plenty of bait, but it's happy bait. These guys were terrified!!! :shock: I couldn't have more pleased.  It was awesome watching them flee for their lives from only 15 yds from where I stood. Now I just have to hope the bait hang around for a few more weeks. I still haven't stuck a 30" + striper yet, but I'm trying. 

That is encouraging, only bait I am seeing is happy pods of adult bunker and micro spearing both being unmolested by predators. Water temps are getting close to the sweet spot, hopefully things will turn on!