Real opinions on the tsunami salt x reels

Rate this topic

Justinj

5 mins ago, Justinj said:

Nearly impossible to find lefty’s and when you do they’re overpriced 

Yeah seems like that's the case now, but yeah if you are going to fish that reel hard it will not hold up, just buy a spinfisher or slammer and maintain it and you'll be far better off and save a few bucks doing so

I have fished my 4000 since the beginning of July and I fish about once a week for two-three hours a fish.  It’s been wet several times.  I don’t go out in a wetsuit and traverse rocks.  I fish from shore or a jetty the vast majority of the time.

I take care of my stuff.  Quick spray down after a fish on anything I’m fishing in salt(keep a spray bottle in my truck) Honestly though most things I buy are fine and last...maybe it’s just me cause I am careful.  I don’t baby my things but i like to buy quality and then watch after it.

I really really like mine so far.  I really really like my Slammer also, and Shield and Battle.  I fish a lot of different things.  Other then my daughter taking off three inches with my truck door on one of my Carbon Shield rods nothing breaks!  Lol

VS is awesome but you will pay for it and they are not without fail also.

639DB8DF-AA14-4B13-8799-F85418E1740B.jpeg

On 10/2/2020 at 9:14 AM, RyanJ_88 said:

I loved mine for about a month, and then after a heavy trip in the surf it was grinding bad. Not sure how or why but it felt like sand was everywhere inside. Sent it back to manufacturer in NJ and they replaced it with a new one that has been perfect. Not sure if it was assembly issue but the new reel has been great and def seen some abuse already. Hoping it holds up 

Bought  a 4K in July have fished it pretty hard.. definitely have felt grinding which is maddening Then she seized up on me after a very brackish rogue wave - $hit ton of sandy wash hit reel.

Took the reel to Fiherman's HQ on LBI <point of purchase> they cleaned it and returned it 2 days later --.who/where is the NJ manufacturer to contact??? still feel/hear grit.  ugh.

Edited by granpappyofpork
fubar typing

On 9/27/2020 at 9:54 AM, bassmaster said:

what about  a VR, ima leftey also, I have 2 150 and a 250

im wondering allso who can repair a lefty with lefty parts or are we screwed

l think you're screwed VS lefties parts are like hen's teeth.

1 hour ago, granpappyofpork said:

Bought  a 4K in July have fished it pretty hard.. definitely have felt grinding which is maddening Then she seized up on me after a very brackish rogue wave - $hit ton of sandy wash hit reel.

Took the reel to Fiherman's HQ on LBI <point of purchase> they cleaned it and returned it 2 days later --.who/where is the NJ manufacturer to contact??? still feel/hear grit.  ugh.

Tsunami is owned by Folsom Corporation. You can find their number on google and they will help ya out. Have to say the customer service I received was phenomenal, and I’ve been happy with mine ever since. 

"I learned from Javier the Russian, that you never, never sit down while fishing a chunk. You gotta respect the fish, respect the bite."

On 10/2/2020 at 11:03 AM, T Chief said:

i have been using my 6000 without any issues to date , have submerged it dropped it on rocks so far so good . i rinse off after every outing and its ready to go . no issues  

On 9/29/2020 at 3:00 AM, TheReelLuke said:

a few of my buddies have had salt x 6ks fail on some snook, kinda disappointing but I. guess if you're using lighter line for surf fishing they should hold up

Ugh bummer too hear.