Daiwa Ballistic LT 4000 vs 5000

Rate this topic

Guacbowl

Has anyone handled the 4000 and 5000 side by side? They are listed with a 0.2oz weight difference, so I'm guessing it's just a spool size thing. Anything else I'm missing? Handle difference?

Plan to pair it up with my 8ft Black Hole Suzuki.

Also, is the Ballistic 5000 the same size or smaller than the Theory 4000?(LT vs old Daiwa sizing is confusing when you don't have a shop to hold them side by side).

Final question... Everyone seems to be pretty jazzed about the Stradic FL. At basically the same price, which would you prefer for light shore/dock/beach fishing?

Cheers

I don't have the 4000 but I had 5000 ballistic and still have the 4000 theory, the theory is slightly larger, the theory 4000 is almost the same size as the 6000 ballistic, ballistic have a slight deeper spool that's it. I think they both have their benefits. the ballistic 5000 I would say is a bit bigger and holds a lot more line than the stradic FL 5000, Im currently still testing out the stradic but I like it a lot, depends on what gear ratio your looking for. the FL are all fast unless you go JDM, I didn't notice any major significance in casting. I find the fl speed reduces the cranking power of the reel. ballistic are slower there for feel stronger cranking. the stradic maintains its feel/smoothness better than the theory or the ballistic after use. the Daiwas needs a lot of shimming after some use so I would go with stradic unless you care about line capacity, Daiwa is superior in that category . shimano service is also amazing.

I don't know if you want any other suggestions, but I picked up a Shimano Vanford C3000XG yesterday, and think it's a definite upgrade from my Stradic ci4s... Just had it in hand, and haven't fished with it, but it sure feels nice... Maybe the 5000 is to smaller your use, as the only difference between it and the 4000 is the spool... I think..

Butch