Angler #1

Bourne to consider installing

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

an outdoor movie facility at the next town meeting. Some think it is a great idea and an idea that has been brought before and never acted on. New bodies in the recreational department seem to think it would be a workable idea. Finding all of the money for this project will take a vote by the town folks and it it goes like in the past, then it will not get done.    It goes with out saying that have good fishing around that location and a movie to watch , may well, over burden the parking spaces   Peace and Prayers

Edited by Angler #1

41 mins ago, bdowning said:

Area 51 :p

that's def a problem... I certainly won't vote for it, & will shout opposition.

I like the idea, but there has to be more room and a better suited place.

15 mins ago, FishRatz said:

that's def a problem... I certainly won't vote for it, & will shout opposition.

I like the idea, but there has to be more room and a better suited place.

Bell Rd, where else? :p

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 mins ago, Joe G said:

IMO......a poorly thought out recommendation for spending $400K + of taxpayers monies.

I think these used to be called Drive in Movies  ;) and were PRIVATE endeavors. Used to be profitable many years ago, but evidently not anymore, although in today's climate, perhaps that has changed. But is is not up to a GOVERNMENT entity to do it and fund it. 

Edited by Steve in Mass

14 mins ago, Joe G said:

IMO......a poorly thought out recommendation for spending $400K + of taxpayers monies.

I always find your concern for Bourne issues touching.  People in Boston are getting shot on a nightly basis, but you remain steadfast in your commitment and dedication to Bourne.  :laugh:

3 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

I think these used to be called Drive in Movies  ;) and were PRIVATE endeavors. Used to be profitable many years ago, but evidently not anymore, although in today's climate, perhaps that has changed. But is is not up to a GOVERNMENT entity to do it and fund it. 

On the way to my doctors visit the other day I drove by the old drive in movie in Randolph and from what i was able to see it appears that some one may be attempting to put that back together again Peace and Prayers

I think we need to keep in mind that the area in question was not designed to solely accommodate fishermen.  Simply because a group placed a statue of Stan Gibbs in the lot, doesn't mean fishermen get first consideration.

The area was designated as a multi use area.  Concerts, events such as the Striper Cup, carnivals, the splash park, and of course canal parking all can use the area. 

Honestly, if a proposed movie screen displaced canal fishermen that may be a good thing. Forcing them to take their act on the road.

I went to the Kowloon on Rt.1 last week and they set up an outdoor movie screen that has both tables and a parking area for “drive-in” experience. The screen is 3 big shipping containers stacked up with a white covering. 
I don’t see why $400k would be required.

E0524BE9-BFB6-493F-906B-D68936E38565.jpeg

4C3F8FE1-A33A-4795-990F-C56A0FD4A8DB.jpeg

18 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

:agree:

Me and the family always had a good time at the Wellfleet drive in. A private interest might actually be able to make something of the idea so long as it's zoned appropriately.