Goldy

PSA - October 1st Sandy Hook False Tip closed for dredging until next year

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

After several txts from friends, it is confirmed on their website.    Enjoy!

False Tip at Sandy Hook Closed Beginning October 1

The false tip of Sandy Hook will be closed starting Oct. 1, 2020 due to dredging operations. These dredging operations will most likely continue until into the new year. Please adhere to all signage and fencing. Access to closed areas is prohibited.

Thanks for the PSA and saving me from another long hike. Ridiculous how often this needs to be done. That and the fact they can't wait until December.

Surf fishing in NJ is dead

My club has gone from 130 members to less than 50

Frank Pallone the self proclaimed "Friend of the fishermen" BULL****

Here we go again.......beach replenishment, dredging, selling off the sand.....biggest money making scheme in NJ....and close down the FH just as the run gets goin'.....they know what they're doin' and don't care cause they're lining their pockets as usual...leave it to the Dems..omo.

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 mins ago, Sudsy said:

I still see far too many ppl in places I'd prefer not too see anyone.  :why:

Edited by fishless

1 min ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Here we go again.......beach replenishment, dredging, selling off the sand.....biggest money making scheme in NJ....and close down the FH just as the run gets goin'.....they know what they're doin' and don't care cause they're lining their pockets as usual...leave it to the Dems..omo.

There was a great piece on Snooze 12 on Wed about how all of the beach in Bay Head is gone and how local officials are furious.  And there argument is hysterical, tax payers paid for this an demand it restored.  NO, YOU DEMAND IT SO YOU CAN CHARGE FOR BADGES.  You bought there, knew the risks and now make demands to fix something unrepairable is comedy at it's finest..  

8 mins ago, fishless said:

I still see far too many ppl in places I'd prefer not too see anyone.  :why:

Same here. Not a saltwater spot, but the place you met me at down my way. Never saw anyone there in over 10 years other than Mike, and he rode with me there.

13 mins ago, fishless said:

There was a great piece on Snooze 12 on Wed about how all of the beach in Bay Head is gone and how local officials are furious.  And there argument is hysterical, tax payers paid for this an demand it restored.  NO, YOU DEMAND IT SO YOU CAN CHARGE FOR BADGES.  You bought there, knew the risks and now make demands to fix something unrepairable is comedy at it's finest..  

Yup.....as of now the south end of LBI is a washout.......still they refuse the Jetties....the engineers 90yrs. ago knew what they were doin'......today, we're being ruled by Corrupted Fools and Idiots here in NJ........keep electing them.....omo.

3 hours ago, Goldy said:

After several txts from friends, it is confirmed on their website.    Enjoy!

False Tip at Sandy Hook Closed Beginning October 1

The false tip of Sandy Hook will be closed starting Oct. 1, 2020 due to dredging operations. These dredging operations will most likely continue until into the new year. Please adhere to all signage and fencing. Access to closed areas is prohibited.

Is it just the tip of the hook that will be closed? Is there an article with more info?

49 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Please pin thru november

20 mins ago, cec127 said:

Is it just the tip of the hook that will be closed? Is there an article with more info?

It's usually the whole tip area and back to bug light. AKA the places we all fish :banghd:

6 mins ago, TopwaterPete said:

It's usually the whole tip area and back to bug light. AKA the places we all fish :banghd:

.....ie. "The March of Death".