jjdbike

Forecast / advice OC this weekend please

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey Friends,

Been working like crazy.

Wife & I need a getaway & I NEED to wet a line & hopefully put a bend in the rod.

we’ve got reservations for this weekend at IBML.

The wind forecast has me deflated.

Looks like a lotta south wind. This on the tail end & in front of storm energy.

I’m trying to figure out a plan.

What would you suggest? Metals & teasers? Poppers? Drift mullet? Bait & wait in low light? Inlet jetty?

I’d greatly appreciate any input, PM’s welcome.

Respectfully,

JD

12 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Hey Friends,

Been working like crazy.

Wife & I need a getaway & I NEED to wet a line & hopefully put a bend in the rod.

we’ve got reservations for this weekend at IBML.

The wind forecast has me deflated.

Looks like a lotta south wind. This on the tail end & in front of storm energy.

I’m trying to figure out a plan.

What would you suggest? Metals & teasers? Poppers? Drift mullet? Bait & wait in low light? Inlet jetty?

I’d greatly appreciate any input, PM’s welcome.

Respectfully,

JD

I would definitely bring a smaller rod for back bay. There are plenty of bass around to bend the rod although small. Surf has been slow. Lots of small blues on mullet, few bass here and there. Ocean has finally cleaned up after the ground swell from the hurricane and a hard NE for 5 days. You should be able to pick some fish but mostly small. But any time you can get out there is a good time. Enjoy

2 hours ago, AFMike said:

I would definitely bring a smaller rod for back bay. There are plenty of bass around to bend the rod although small. Surf has been slow. Lots of small blues on mullet, few bass here and there. Ocean has finally cleaned up after the ground swell from the hurricane and a hard NE for 5 days. You should be able to pick some fish but mostly small. But any time you can get out there is a good time. Enjoy

Much appreciated for sure & great to hear.

That S wind forecast, following the blow had me pretty discouraged. Hey If there are a few little blues, and a bass or two willing to play, that'll make my weekend for sure.

B & N reported "The Mullet Run is OVER". I wonder if that's really true?

Thanks Much!

JD

7 mins ago, jjdbike said:

Much appreciated for sure & great to hear.

That S wind forecast, following the blow had me pretty discouraged. Hey If there are a few little blues, and a bass or two willing to play, that'll make my weekend for sure.

B & N reported "The Mullet Run is OVER". I wonder if that's really true?

Thanks Much!

JD

There are still mullet around. The back waters will stay cleaner than the ocean with the S wind.  Good luck, catchem up