Joeuns

BST forum is like crack to a newbie.

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Looking at all the eye candy in the BST forum.  It's like an addiction for me right now lol.  I can't wait to be able to get on there and buy something.  I can see this can become a very addictive hobby.

14 mins ago, Joeuns said:

Looking at all the eye candy in the BST forum.  It's like an addiction for me right now lol.  I can't wait to be able to get on there and buy something.  I can see this can become a very addictive hobby.

I'll sell ya lots and lots of stuff!

hahaha

1 hour ago, Joeuns said:

and expensive.

It can also be as simple as you like. You'll probably do more fishing with a 9-11' 3/4-3 rig, and a pocket full of bucktails and/or plastics and jigheads than you will haunting the Internet for some Holy Grail rod made in Camelot by virgin supermodels.

3 hours ago, ermghoti said:

It can also be as simple as you like. You'll probably do more fishing with a 9-11' 3/4-3 rig, and a pocket full of bucktails and/or plastics and jigheads than you will haunting the Internet for some Holy Grail rod made in Camelot by virgin supermodels.

Virgin models make fishing rods?  Where do I get one.

OP 100% correct. I felt the strong current but didn't recognize the illness until Joeuns named it. Being the value buyer (cheap bastard) that I am, I find myself wondering if the deals may be even better after the fall run. Including the rods made firm and strong by the virgin supermodels of Camelot. Ok. Gotta run.  May be missing something on BST-can't get that sweet RM Smith lot outta my mind. 

11 hours ago, Joeuns said:

Truthfully, most serious fisherman have way more gear than they actually need or use.

For example, I just got back from fishing.

I carried 3 rods and dozens of lures.

I did use two rods but only because I had a bad break off on one and didn’t want to take the time to re-rig in the middle of fishing. I simply went to my backup rod.

Also, I only used two lures for my entire outing. The other lures I carried were just extra weight for me to lug around. 

Still, I like having it all available “just in case” and there will certainly more new gear acquired by me in the future.

5 hours ago, valentine said:

Truthfully, most serious fisherman have way more gear than they actually need or use.

For example, I just got back from fishing.

I carried 3 rods and dozens of lures.

I did use two rods but only because I had a bad break off on one and didn’t want to take the time to re-rig in the middle of fishing. I simply went to my backup rod.

Also, I only used two lures for my entire outing. The other lures I carried were just extra weight for me to lug around. 

Still, I like having it all available “just in case” and there will certainly more new gear acquired by me in the future.

My best fishing days i use 1 maybe 2 lures,  its the skunk days i go thru the bag

Here is what it is.  Ever go out and bring maybe 10 different lures.  Your go to stuff,  popper, darter, bucktails finnish minnows etc. 

Fishing is slow  Your buddy decides for no particular reason to tie on a 9" pencil popper in neon purple with green spots and is getting one on almost every cast. 

Now you have a pencil so ypu switch over but your pencil is a a 6" and boring bone color and not a sniff by the fish.

As soon as you get back its shopping time lol

1 hour ago, Captain Ahab said:

Here is what it is.  Ever go out and bring maybe 10 different lures.  Your go to stuff,  popper, darter, bucktails finnish minnows etc. 

Fishing is slow  Your buddy decides for no particular reason to tie on a 9" pencil popper in neon purple with green spots and is getting one on almost every cast. 

Now you have a pencil so ypu switch over but your pencil is a a 6" and boring bone color and not a sniff by the fish.

As soon as you get back its shopping time lol

Sounds about right.  I have more **** than I know what to do with.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

My addiction is buying a new rod and reel set up for every possible target species and technique. And I still dont have nearly as many as some older guys here lol. My pet peeve is having multiple rods that I switch one reel around on. It gets expensive and I end up at the pawn shop getting a loan on my stradics lol. And then find more stuff I 'need' at said pawn shop.

But i did buy a reel from a pawn shop for 42.99 that is frequently listed on eBay for 200+ so if that sells I'll spend all that on more gear of course

Edited by Badtothebugs

Soooooo close to being able to buy something.  Been just staring at the crack behind the plexiglass drowning in my own saliva.