ThirstyOwl III

Getting a request to allow a download when opening MAIN FORUM

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Every time I come to the main forum my computer asks me if I would like to allow a download from a suspicious source.   Happening on my office computer and also from my iPad at home.  

Not happening on any other websites. 

Started after the sexy Russian ladies with an interest in Surfcasters invaded the site a week ago.

I knew it was too good to be true.

if someone does download it though,  PM me. I am interested in program forensics and would like to look at it.  Just DO NOT run it!!!

If you are brave and know what you are doing downloading itself should be safe, just don't execute the file

I think it is add-related in that an add is not functioning correctly and instead of displaying is asking (us) to download an empty .txt file

Its annoying

2020-09-24.png

Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari force users to download mysterious f.text file

Google is experiencing a large scale glitch in ad creative rendering impacting Google DV360 and Adsense. This has been happening since Tuesday September 22 early morning. The issue manifests as a browser dialog box to confirm the download of a file. The file is -not- malicious, this does -not- contain malware, just ad serving code.

Google ads are currently experiencing sporadic issues where the browser might display a dialog box (or “popup”) to indicate a pending download. This is not- a malware attack. Due to the nature of the issue, we are not currently able to block these dialog boxes. The issue has been escalated and is being investigated.

Mysterious f.txt file download pop-up

Well, this problem is not limited to Firefox users. This issue has also affected users of Chrome, Safari, and other web browser applications. Users have seen this when visiting our site, YouTube, Reddit, and other websites too

... the file is originated from the Google Ads domain. Hence, chances are that this issue will mostly affect users who visit sites that serve ads from Google

I’ve been running an add blocker almost 2 years now I don’t see no adds anymore. Zero. It was so bad I almost stop visiting was making me crazy. Now it’s smooth.