Master Debaiter

Brooks Running Shoe

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Looking for some reviews on this sneaker..... I’m currently getting therapy on both feet for plantar fasciitis and my therapist highly recommended this brand. I’ve personally never heard of them and wondering what people think 

89194E2F-7A49-4D94-B16F-3A03A759241E.jpeg

The glycerin is super comfortable.  I think the current model is 18 so look to buy the 17 at a savings.  Should run around 100 vs 150.  You will be happy with them.

I have a pair of GTS-16's.  I like them - they're comfortable.  I also have a pair of Asics.  I alternate, but find myself picking up the Asics more frequently.  I not 100%, but I think Brooks runs small.  I'm 9.5 in everything, but 10 in Brooks.  Lastly - not sure if this is a selling gimmick, but I'm told that different running shoes have different types of support.  A few years ago I had some knee pain when running and I went to a bricks & mortar store specifically for running shoes. Salesperson watched me jog up and down the sidewalk. Said that I had a pronounced pronation, and brought out a pair of Nikes, Asics, and Brooks and said those models are good for my level of pronation.  Cost a bit more than I could've gotten on-line, but I was more comfortable that I had bought shoes that were good for me (and no more knee pain...) 

I had similar foot problems and used to run Asics and NB, I switched to Brooks and really like them. I believe they were one if not THE first real running show focused company....

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Looking for some reviews on this sneaker..... I’m currently getting therapy on both feet for plantar fasciitis and my therapist highly recommended this brand. I’ve personally never heard of them and wondering what people think 

89194E2F-7A49-4D94-B16F-3A03A759241E.jpeg

On the General topic of plantar fasciitis, you really have be diligent  in addressing the problem. If you wear other types of shoes (like dress shoes), you really should have some carbon fiber orthotics made and use them religiously. Also, no walking around barefoot. I wear this hideous Crocs around the house.  I used to suffer from this problem but had a particularly bad bought about 17 years ago.  Really really painful and even with the various remediation efforts, persisted for almost a full year. Don’t

let the problem get that bad.  

5 hours ago, HKJonathan said:

On the General topic of plantar fasciitis, you really have be diligent  in addressing the problem. If you wear other types of shoes (like dress shoes), you really should have some carbon fiber orthotics made and use them religiously. Also, no walking around barefoot. I wear this hideous Crocs around the house.  I used to suffer from this problem but had a particularly bad bought about 17 years ago.  Really really painful and even with the various remediation efforts, persisted for almost a full year. Don’t

let the problem get that bad.  

Eventually I might have to look into orthotics.... I have a high arch so the ligaments are under constant stress. Stretching is a daily ritual for me now. 

9 hours ago, RP McMurphy said:

I have a pair of GTS-16's.  I like them - they're comfortable.  I also have a pair of Asics.  I alternate, but find myself picking up the Asics more frequently.  I not 100%, but I think Brooks runs small.  I'm 9.5 in everything, but 10 in Brooks.  Lastly - not sure if this is a selling gimmick, but I'm told that different running shoes have different types of support.  A few years ago I had some knee pain when running and I went to a bricks & mortar store specifically for running shoes. Salesperson watched me jog up and down the sidewalk. Said that I had a pronounced pronation, and brought out a pair of Nikes, Asics, and Brooks and said those models are good for my level of pronation.  Cost a bit more than I could've gotten on-line, but I was more comfortable that I had bought shoes that were good for me (and no more knee pain...) 

Asics were also recommended 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Eventually I might have to look into orthotics.... I have a high arch so the ligaments are under constant stress. Stretching is a daily ritual for me now. 

Never was a big supporter of stretching the plantar facisa for relief from plantar faciitis. The plantar facisa becomes inflamed due to stress from stretching under load. Stretching connective tissue that already has some micro tearing from stretching is counter intuitive, which is why I feel so many people struggle to recover from this overuse injury as this is the therapy commonly prescribed.

The best course is to dial back on the activity causing the stress to that connective tissue and give your body a chance to heal. Your plantar facisa will heal stronger then it originally was as you ease back into your activities.

I don't know about that specific shoe type, but you want a shoe with a stiff sole that will help support you foot by preventing flex of your foot. Orthotics are a good option too.

I also don't know what kind of activities you are doing to have caused plantar faciitis, but it usually occurs due to a sudden increase in some kind of load bearing and/or high impact activity.

Edited by Beastly Backlash

I have worn the Brooks Beast for years. It is a heavier shoe but really helps those of us who overpronate. It has helped me to run 5 Boston's without injury.

Brooks are the only sneaker I'll wear.. not a big sneaker guy in general, but I've worn Brooks for many years..

The ghost is comfortable to run in..

The cascadia is my favorite trail shoe..

But my go-2 is the GTS (Go To Shoe).. I buy a new pair every year. . Very comfortable.. I think I'd classify them more as a cross trainer than a running specific shoe. I wear them to the gym and also to run in..

10 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Asics were also recommended 

I only wear ASICS. 

I buy last years kayano gel on amazon for about half price.  That’s my go to shoe

I have worn Asic and New Balance shoes before and recently bought a pair of Brooks and absolutely love them.....they have been phenomenal....