MartinD11

Need help picking rod for vs 275

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone first post here been surf fishing for about three years now and I’m hooked. I’ve been using a vs200 with a 10’ odm dna and I wanted a vs250 for the windy and rougher days  but got a sweet deal on a 275. And now idk what rod to get. I’ve casted a buddys lami 132 1m that he had a 275 with and loved it but I can’t do a one piece rod due to my living conditions. Anyone have any suggestions on a rod that’s similar in 2pc. Also I mainly fish montauk but plan to hit the canal in the coming years.

27 mins ago, MartinD11 said:

Hey everyone first post here been surf fishing for about three years now and I’m hooked. I’ve been using a vs200 with a 10’ odm dna and I wanted a vs250 for the windy and rougher days  but got a sweet deal on a 275. And now idk what rod to get. I’ve casted a buddys lami 132 1m that he had a 275 with and loved it but I can’t do a one piece rod due to my living conditions. Anyone have any suggestions on a rod that’s similar in 2pc. Also I mainly fish montauk but plan to hit the canal in the coming years.

I think Lami makes that rod in a two piece. It’s the 1322M. And the built one is GSB11MS. 

The ODM Genesis 11ft 2-6oz would work too. 

Sorry I should have added some context: I approached Lou Caruso with the same type of conditions and same idea of rod. I wanted to go with another 1321M but wanted a 2-piece bc of Brooklyn apartments. Unequivocally he pointed me to the Genesis and I’ve been super happy with it ever since. 

How do you guys feel the genesis casts on the top end of it rating? I’ve casted the 10’ and felt it was too soft. But no experience with the 11. Saw one for sale on her wish I went and looked at it now lol

9 hours ago, MartinD11 said:

Century Surf Machine 11'3" 1-6 or the Century Surf Machine Elite 11'3" 1-6.  Unparalleled performance.  Distance and power are phenomenal,  you won't be sorry.

11 hours ago, AFMike said:

Century Surf Machine 11'3" 1-6 or the Century Surf Machine Elite 11'3" 1-6.  Unparalleled performance.  Distance and power are phenomenal,  you won't be sorry.

That surf machine looks like a hell of a rod but I can’t spend that much lol maybe if I find a brand used one I could afford it. 

6 mins ago, runnsfromcops said:

I had Lou Caruso build the 11' Genesis for me for around $450 if that helps.

That actually sounds amazing. What’s the best way to reach him?