KrocFoot

Earle ammo pier

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Does anybody know the current requirements to gain access for fishing on the pier? I was lucky enough to have had access a few years ago, but a change in command put the kibosh on it for me. 

I do know, that currently due to Covid, only active service members have access to the pier fishing privileges. If you follow the base on facebook, they post updates for all base services.

4 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

Does anybody know the current requirements to gain access for fishing on the pier? I was lucky enough to have had access a few years ago, but a change in command put the kibosh on it for me. 

I'm in the same boat as you.. A real bummer !

Yea, I assumed Covid would play into it somehow. Although the pier is not the "holy grail" that people think it is, i sure do miss it. Made it really easy for elderly veterans like my dad to get out and enjoy the sport. Thanks for the info, ill check it out.

Shbeachbum..thanks that would be great!..all i have to do is figure out how to pm..im a newb as you can see. Or maybe im not privy to that yet.

After the change of command, access was only given to vets with 100% disability. With covid not sure if they will just keep access for active duty only for the future. I really hope they relax the rules to what it was or grandfather everyone who already had access. 

20 hours ago, Halcyon162 said:

After the change of command, access was only given to vets with 100% disability. With covid not sure if they will just keep access for active duty only for the future. I really hope they relax the rules to what it was or grandfather everyone who already had access. 

That plus make it available 7 nights a week instead of just Friday night thru Sunday.

Once they close something, like access to fish, it usually stays that way until someone has to shake someone's elected official to shake the Navy which drags on and on and on etc. I live close to the pier and always would see the guys fishing, not any at all this year.