jetty eddy

jersey shore fishing instructional videos

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I watch a lot of fishing videos but most are from the Montauk area. They are really good videos and Skinner and hromin are my favorites.I know there are a bunch of great NJ  fishermen and would like to see some kind of show online where these nj guys could share their experiences and tips.We have just as good places and conditions so it would be interesting.

18 mins ago, jetty eddy said:

I watch a lot of fishing videos but most are from the Montauk area. They are really good videos and Skinner and hromin are my favorites.I know there are a bunch of great NJ  fishermen and would like to see some kind of show online where these nj guys could share their experiences and tips.We have just as good places and conditions so it would be interesting.

I love fishing NJ but I would't compare it to the places you mention.

I think @DoorGunner has some great videos, can't find them right now but I know I have seen them in the past.

Fishaholic fishing and older Elias videos before he moved to NC. Havent seen an upload from seamoney in a few months, hope the guys ok!

Oh if you like fluke videos, watch a channel called Fishing and Cooking..these dudes really got shore fishing for flatties down!

I really want to do this but only while on the water.  I have more photo and video gear than I know what to do with and can easily do it. The problem is how do you do this in our area without trashing your or someone else's fishing spots.   I have a few sacred places left and I don't want to share them with everyone (no offense people :) ) 

I don't think talking head videos are helpful at all either  - I cannot tell you how many surfcaster journal videos I've watched on a lure for instance and it's a talking head and not moment of footage of the lure being fished,  how it's retrieved or what it looks like in the water.    This is what I want to see - not someone droning on and on.  I skip more of the SK-Journal videos then I watch, 

15 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

Fishaholic fishing and older Elias videos before he moved to NC. Havent seen an upload from seamoney in a few months, hope the guys ok!

Oh if you like fluke videos, watch a channel called Fishing and Cooking..these dudes really got shore fishing for flatties down!

Seamoney posted a video yesterday.  Looks like he's good.

The skinner videos on the south LI shores are about as close to NJ as you’re going to get. I’ve only truthfully watched a few, but it almost the exact way I approach the beaches of NJ. 

12 hours ago, Notable Catch said:

Seamoney posted a video yesterday.  Looks like he's good.

I saw it, thought it was kinda weak honestly. I mean a dude with 120k subs could put a little more effort in, those were some slob porgies though

On 9/23/2020 at 10:39 PM, pressphotog said:

I really want to do this but only while on the water.  I have more photo and video gear than I know what to do with and can easily do it. The problem is how do you do this in our area without trashing your or someone else's fishing spots.   I have a few sacred places left and I don't want to share them with everyone (no offense people :) ) 

I don't think talking head videos are helpful at all either  - I cannot tell you how many surfcaster journal videos I've watched on a lure for instance and it's a talking head and not moment of footage of the lure being fished,  how it's retrieved or what it looks like in the water.    This is what I want to see - not someone droning on and on.  I skip more of the SK-Journal videos then I watch, 

Your best bet is to go fishing. NJ doesn’t have enough spots to make instructional YouTube videos on the water