linesiderdemdnj

FSC 10’ Titan and 9’ Raptor blanks

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i have the blanks in the subject line and I was going to just get them built from a shop or builder. However I feel like I want to do them myself. 

I have guides from a 1266 predator for the titan and guides from a 1087 predator for the raptor. 

do I need an expensive turner in order to do these the right way? I was hoping I could get one for under $100 with tensioner. At least under $150. 

is there a way to put some type of dressing on the raptor to make it look like the old style green blanks?

i want to make the foregrip like his montauk marauder rods. The thicker shrink wrap. Anyone know where to get that? Does the shrink go directly into the blank or do I need to build that area up with something?  

how do I determine the correct size reel seat?

i want to make the rods look as stock as possible. I have marks on the titan for the guide layout. I just need a top guide for the tip for both rods The tip on the titan is quite thick and I’m not sure what size I’d need. These rods will be the first I ever build. 

thanks 

the tip on the titan is a tight 10. you may need to sand it a bit (they vary) out of the 7 or so blanks i have 2 would need a very light sanding to get a 10 tip on there but i would go with the 10.

1 hour ago, SurffisherMike said:

the tip on the titan is a tight 10. you may need to sand it a bit (they vary) out of the 7 or so blanks i have 2 would need a very light sanding to get a 10 tip on there but i would go with the 10.

Thanks Mike. 

I have guides from a 1266 predator I broke. I am using those guides on it. Is the 10 a larger guide than the next guide down on a 1266? 

thank you

1 hour ago, SurffisherMike said:

Is that a size 10-10.0? I am looking at Fuji’s website for the heavy duty spinning top with twang. Thanks 

16 hours ago, SurffisherMike said:

The tip is the bmnat10(10). the running guides on the 1266 are bkwag8's they will work fine together. 

Thanks mike. Since the running guides are 8s should I get the 10(8) top guide Also or would it be better to have a wider diameter?

and the 1087 raptor. That has the 8s also. Would that be an 8(8) or 8(10)?

wanted to order both of them together. Thanks mike. 

the numbers are in the order of ring size/ tube size.  i believe you mean 8(10) which i dont think they make so the 10(10) is what you will need the large ring in the tip wount be a problem. I dont have a raptor 1087 blank at the moment but do have the predator which i believe is the same size and has a tub size of 8, so you can go witrh an 8(8) on that blank