Dunky

Rod building classes

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Wrapping guides with a single color and under wrap is easy. Foam handles are a breeze with epoxy and dish soap as a lubricant. YouTube should get you going. I would start with mid level components, a $70 blank from Batson is nicer than 90% of rods out there. 

1 hour ago, Wfmdfm1 said:

Did you have any luck finding classes?

No but as the above poster mentioned. I am looking at YouTube and Mud Hole.  I am going to give it a go. Probably order stuff and put it under tree. January project.  If it goes well I may attempt more

On 9/23/2020 at 8:34 AM, WorcBoy said:

Cote's in Leicester

508-892-3765

Talk to Ray. Tell him Billy sent you. Great guy

I go by there all the time.  I have to check it out someday.

Take a shot at CMS enterprises in New Bedford.They're on Popes Island just before you go over the bridge to New Bedford proper on the right.They may be able to help with componants and someone closer to you.Mudhole has a video link at 6:30pm tonight about guides.It could be interesting.Just a thought.

Edited by theshadow

I have built several rods but not for a few years. CMS is great and I have got most of my materials thru them. Blank selection and guide placement are a few skills I would like to have instruction on. I have been YouTubing . CMS did have classes that I attended but I don’t see any mention on there Web site. I will stop in and see if they can set me up with a spinning rod blank.

12 hours ago, Wfmdfm1 said:

Dunky I did my rods spinning by hand without purchasing any expensive equipment. I can email you some pics of the set up if interested.

Sure