Billy Z

Searching for 11’ rod, 1-3oz

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Billy Z said:

I am looking for an 11’ rod that I can throw a 3/4 bucktail and a super strike darter on the heavy side.

AFAW Estuary?

It comes in a 1-3, but it might be a plain to get.  TFO makes an 11' .5-2 that might work.

12 mins ago, fishtheeast said:

Lami GSB 1321L.

I have the 1201L (10ft) and it throws both the lures you mentioned very well. I assume they are very similar. 

Do you know if the GSB 1321L is a continuous 1 piece or is a permanently molded 2 piece rod?

4 mins ago, fishtheeast said:

They make a one piece and a two piece blank. 

Is the 1 piece truly continuous or just a glued together 2 piece?

Century Sling shot 1265 will do the job. It is quite possibly the best surf rod I have ever used. It’s rated at 1-3.5 oz. and that seems to be dead on. You can cast lighter stuff too. 

On 9/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, Billy Z said:

I am looking for an 11’ rod that I can throw a 3/4 bucktail and a super strike darter on the heavy side.

11' Century S2 Stealth.  Most versatile rod you'll ever fish. Will throw 3/4 oz bucktail on up to 5oz, although it doesn't love 5. 

On 9/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, Billy Z said:

ODM Genesis......excellent in that range.

Century Stealth S2 1326. I have the older model and it throws 1/2 ounce off the tip for a mile. It's sweet spot is 1.5-2.5 ounces in my opinion but can throw 3.5oz when needed. It is rated to 5oz but I have never cast more than 4. 

The new graphene model might be even better. 

2 hours ago, flyangler said:

Century Stealth S2 1326. I have the older model and it throws 1/2 ounce off the tip for a mile. It's sweet spot is 1.5-2.5 ounces in my opinion but can throw 3.5oz when needed. It is rated to 5oz but I have never cast more than 4. 

The new graphene model might be even better. 

The Stealth series is not run with graphene.

We redesigned the butt and ran it with textreme finish. It lightened the wt of the blank significantly and the sensitivity went thru the roof.