Eli

Looking for a fish group/organisation in MA

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Looking for a fishing group/organisation in Mass

Hi everybody ! I newly moved in the states to live with my American wife in Massachusetts.
I did some fishing in salted water in the past but I am beginner. I would love to feed myself with fish and fish as often as possible. Where and how can I find in MA a group/organisation that would teach me how to fish ? I am not looking for course but for a group of friendly people ready to take me with them and fish with me.

Hire a guide.  You have to pay them to get fish....or join the community here and learn as you go. 

Welcome to MA.  Start by getting a MA fishing license, keep in mind that saltwater license is different from freshwater license.  The licenses can be done and purchased online, keep a picture on your phone.  Then gear yourself appropriately (rod, reel, tackle).  I am on the North Shore of MA so I can give you some reference to local places to start out.  If you're around Salem, stop by Tomo's Tackle, it is a great little shop, or Surfland if you're around Ipswich/Plum Island, they provide great info.  Feel free to send me a PM once your post count reaches the minimum for PMs.  I mostly go solo nowadays, with an occasional meet up every now and then.

Thank you all for your answers ! So for the record I fished a multiple times before in salted water but never alone and friends and family were always next to me explaining what to do. 
Does fishing licences have an expiration date ? 

12 mins ago, Eli said:

Thank you all for your answers ! So for the record I fished a multiple times before in salted water but never alone and friends and family were always next to me explaining what to do. 
Does fishing licences have an expiration date ? 

Yup need to renew licenses every year on January 1st.