Kones1

Favorite leader knot

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

I was using the F G for sometime now but tried the Alberto and it sure is faster but I haven’t really been able to test it’s strength yet. In the wind at night if I ever have to retie it’s the Alberto now. But ? What do you prefer?

FG. I can tie them in the field but generally tie on a pre-tied leader if I break off at the braid. Usually the leader will break so I can just tie on a new clip...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bristol Kot- aka Worm Knot, aka Yucatan Knot, aka Reverse Albright, aka No Name Knot, etc.

FG is ok but not practical to tie on a boat when fish are around, it can be done but takes too long.

I've watched quite a few Albright/Alberto knots slip off of heavy flouro.

Edited by NPV

Great feedback. A million thanks. Double uni I will try next then the Albright. Takes me a few times to master each but definitely worth the effort 

3 hours ago, Tailslap said:

Uni to uni. I can tie it in the dark with one hand tied behind my back. I have never had a failure with this connection. 

What Lb braid and mono are you using? I’ve found that they have to be very similar in diameter. That is why I mainly use a barrel swivel or an FG.

4 mins ago, t_man7 said:

What Lb braid and mono are you using? I’ve found that they have to be very similar in diameter. That is why I mainly use a barrel swivel or an FG.

I use 15# braid to 15-20# flouro. Or 50# braid to 50-60# flouro. If for some reason you go light braid and heavy leader you can just double up the line on the braid side to make that knot larger. This way the two knots are similar in size and come together nicely. I very rarely have to do this however.