Marcel_Karssies

Germany, sept. 19+20th

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

As it still has not rained decently around here the stream I fish is ultralow.
The water is clear and almost stagnant and the fish spot me earlier than I them.
Success is limited these days.

I had one good shot a big chub on Saturday when I spotted one upstream in the surface.

The fly landed perfectly in front of the fish without scaring it.

The chub moved to intercept the fly and just as it was about to gulp it down the

nerves got the better of me - early strike = fish gone.

Tried on Sunday again but with the east wind and sun rather low in the sky due to
my mismatched timing I could not get close to fish.
The fish which I did spot within casting range where totally uncooperative.

In the mean time the usual fishing club derby at the mill pond was cancelled and so was the easy fishing.

The mill pond ultralow, apparently occupied by 19 anglers last Saturday hoping to

catch a trout the easy way ... none of them did :-) 

I had planned a fall trip to Florida earlier this year before that China virus messed up everything.

With the infections at the increase again I hope I can even manage my plan B for a

trout trip in Germany before the trout season runs out.

Hopefully next year will be better for all of us.

DSC_0493.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

DSC_0506.JPG

DSC_0508.JPG

DSC_0510.JPG

DSC_0512.JPG

DSC_0514.JPG

DSC_0515.JPG

DSC_0517.JPG

DSC_0519.JPG

DSC_0527.JPG

DSC_0537.JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

DSC_0547.JPG

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

DSC_0551.JPG

DSC_0552.JPG

DSC_0553.JPG

DSC_0555.JPG

DSC_0556.JPG

I enjoy your posts, a lot. Your pictures are nice and the write-ups give a unique insight into a part of the fishing world I'll never visit. Thank you for all of that, it's fantastic and I really enjoy them.

You lost me at "that China virus," though. Please leave the politically charged references in other forums.

7 hours ago, Ambergris said:

I enjoy your posts, a lot. Your pictures are nice and the write-ups give a unique insight into a part of the fishing world I'll never visit. Thank you for all of that, it's fantastic and I really enjoy them.

You lost me at "that China virus," though. Please leave the politically charged references in other forums.

Newest info concludes it is a Chinese Virus and came from there.  Can't see that as politically charged no matter how Left I try to look at it.

Ditto, Dr. Bob.  Spanish flu? Ebola (Named after the river where the first cases were found in Africa, if I am not mistaken)? French wine?  Oops, I withdraw that last one.

The OPs term is purposefully not the official name. We don't name these things after countries anymore because it becomes a stigma every citizen of that country is forced to carry no matter how far removed, whether by distance or ideology, they are from the actual origin.

The term has been used most vocally to create universal animosity for political sake. In a forum focused on the simple joys of fly fishing in beautiful parts of the world, I would have expected those nuances be left out. 

1 hour ago, Ambergris said:

The OPs term is purposefully not the official name. We don't name these things after countries anymore because it becomes a stigma every citizen of that country is forced to carry no matter how far removed, whether by distance or ideology, they are from the actual origin.

The term has been used most vocally to create universal animosity for political sake. In a forum focused on the simple joys of fly fishing in beautiful parts of the world, I would have expected those nuances be left out. 

Could never have put that better, respectfully phrased, a welcome tact in these taciturn times.

Marcel I am always inspired by the way you wring every seeming ounce of pleasure out of what you are given.  Some people would no more look at that body of water, than a ditch, and pass it by, yet in the eyes of the beholder.  Thank you for taking us along, again. So sorry to see you went hungry.