linesiderdemdnj

Korkers greenback boots - studs in rubber sole

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

wondering if anyone has added studs to the rubber soles of the korkers greenback boots. I did not realize the korkers sandals cannot fit the boots so wanted to try to stud my rubber soles instead of laying $150 for the roles with cleats. 

thanks 

23 hours ago, MikeK said:

You can get some pretty aggressive studed soles for between $40 and $60.  

From korkers?  It looked like they were much more than that. I think the rubber soles are $40 and felt is $60 but I could be wrong. 

Yes, google search "metal studded soles for korkers".  What comes up looks like the metal studded rubber soles, but they do show some felts with the smaller studs.  I personally fish the vibram sole with the small studs for  90% or my fishing.  I do have a sole with the more aggressive studs, but have never used them.  Dont really like felt as felt on weed covered rocks is like walking on ice.

1 min ago, MikeK said:

Yes, google search "metal studded soles for korkers".  What comes up looks like the metal studded rubber soles, but they do show some felts with the smaller studs.  I personally fish the vibram sole with the small studs for  90% or my fishing.  I do have a sole with the more aggressive studs, but have never used them.  Dont really like felt as felt on weed covered rocks is like walking on ice.

Dude for some reason I thought those soles were wayyyyyy more than that. They look amazing and are pretty affordable. Thanks for letting me know.