Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goldy

Dark Matter Pencil Popper

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Is it me or are all these based off china molds.  This is the same popper madd mantis uses and stamps his name and charges 20$ with no hooks, right?

What am I missing here... 

All of them are the same plug. Scooby once said in his VR vid that they were an OEM. I’ve seen them on eBay for $8 and shops sell them for anything from $10-$22.

I can't say with 100% certainty what this plug's pedigree is but I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

IMO, best value for a proven plastic pencil is the Cordell.

100%. I have a Dark Matter and my buddy has the madd mantis. They're one in the same mold for sure. Unclear about internal weighting but assume its the same.  

Does it matters? It's like one shop selling super strike plug at $18, the next shop sell them for $22. Good for them for find a market.  Supply and Demand.

1 hour ago, CMSTRIPER said:

I can't say with 100% certainty what this plug's pedigree is but I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

IMO, best value for a proven plastic pencil is the Cordell.

Without a doubt, Cotton Cordell is one of the best values in well made pencil poppers which are proven fish catchers.

I got a great deal on a bunch of them, several years back. and I’m still using the first one.

Its been stripped of much of its paint and I’ve replaced the hooks a number of times but it  has performed well from NY to Cape Cod and points in between.

I may just hang it on my wall and break a new one out of its package.

Theyre all Alibaba plastic yes they work. Yes they may be overpriced. I like wood pencils better anyway. But they are nice, I have 2 mantis' myself before they blew up in price.

The Dark Matter heavy pencil is a unique mold.  Paid for by jandh.  The others to my knowledge are OEM.