Century weapon jr

Rate this topic

Richard_the_Aughth

building a 845 jr now on the bench, spin, fuji ti/torzite kl's will have a 3k shimano on it... amazing blank, i can use it for fresh water as well honestly

goal is to throw .5-1oz lures from a floating jetty, bass and redfish are the targets.  ill get a weapon next as well, not sure if ill do that spin or conv

14 hours ago, DAQ said:

Haha, "wide right!". 

Dang, I thought I was done buying rods for a while but hearing you and steelpulse talk about these rods I may be on the hunt again.

Take me fishing while my boat is jacked up and I'll bring my entire century arsenal for you to throw!!  J/K, hope to be back out there next week.  Parts just arrived to strip the gear case and replace bent shaft.

I have a new 8' Weapon Jr being built right now to replace the 7' I broke by Brandon at Black Pelican.  It's being done with same butt length of my current 8' but Ryan said the blank was slightly different than regular Weapon Jrs.  I said sure, I'm in.  Titanium Torzite KLs, minimal reel seat, split Winn grips and an American Flag theme.  Havent seen it yet but can't wait for it to arrive.

I have a 7'6 Weapon Jr with a 3000 Twin Power and the 7'10" Weapon Stradic 5000 and VS50Gen 2. The Weapon is my hands down choice, has more feel and is more of a moderate action than the Jr.  I cast everything from non-weighted Albie Snax to the Big Doc with the Weapon. Casting plug weight is very dependent on reel choice .  I have a 5000 Stradic that casts the heavier weights much further than my VS50Gen 2.. YMMV. 1-2 oz it's very nice. Every fish, (Striper or bluefish), small or large is fun on this rod.  

The Weapon Jr has been taken by my wife who will outfish most guys and only fishes "jumpy" she has doubles of all of the colors and will only fish them. And it casts Jumpy very well.  I like the Weapon better. The Jr has no weight, I mean it's light. It's as light as my Mudhole MHX Saltwater stick. The Jr  is faster, read stiffer, doesn't load as well (for me), and doesn't have the feel and flex, read bend, that either Mudhole MHX or Weapon. 

Please do not misread the above, I am not a reviewer, it is my opinion only. 

Next year I may buy the 7' Weapon. Do I need it , nope, but I want to try it.

10 hours ago, Sailah said:

Take me fishing while my boat is jacked up and I'll bring my entire century arsenal for you to throw!!  J/K, hope to be back out there next week.  Parts just arrived to strip the gear case and replace bent shaft.

I have a new 8' Weapon Jr being built right now to replace the 7' I broke by Brandon at Black Pelican.  It's being done with same butt length of my current 8' but Ryan said the blank was slightly different than regular Weapon Jrs.  I said sure, I'm in.  Titanium Torzite KLs, minimal reel seat, split Winn grips and an American Flag theme.  Havent seen it yet but can't wait for it to arrive.

Hey man, I would gladly take you fishing but the skiff is only 15' so I don't think I will be getting out for a while unless it's on a friends boat.

That rod you are having built sounds badass!

Embrace American Privilege

27 mins ago, Ron Skinner said:

I own a 7'6" weapon and absolutely love it. Thinking  about going for something even lighter, specifically for false albacore, for a harker trip I have coming up.  Cant decide between a demon or weapon jr.  

I have 7' Weapon Jr, 8' Weapon Jr and a 7' Demon.  Have another 8' Weapon Jr being built now by Black Pelican

I have been bringing the Demon on albie trips this fall but have not hooked up on it yet.  It's silly light, weighs 3.92oz.  Feels too light for albies and I tend to go pretty light on tackle anyways.  Century (Ryan) said it would def handle albies.  Based on numerous hookups with Weapon Jrs, I think that's the sweet spot, esp given Harkers Island albies I think are larger than Cape Cod?  I'm sure a Demon could do it, and I'm going to try, but it will be pretty maxed out.

In my hunt for the perfect albie rod, nothing has touched my 8' Weapon Jr as all time favorite.  The new 8' I have being built was a slightly different blank than the stock 7'10" Weapon Jr, has a tiny bit more material in the tip as it was explained to me.

3 hours ago, Sailah said:

I have 7' Weapon Jr, 8' Weapon Jr and a 7' Demon.  Have another 8' Weapon Jr being built now by Black Pelican

I have been bringing the Demon on albie trips this fall but have not hooked up on it yet.  It's silly light, weighs 3.92oz.  Feels too light for albies and I tend to go pretty light on tackle anyways.  Century (Ryan) said it would def handle albies.  Based on numerous hookups with Weapon Jrs, I think that's the sweet spot, esp given Harkers Island albies I think are larger than Cape Cod?  I'm sure a Demon could do it, and I'm going to try, but it will be pretty maxed out.

In my hunt for the perfect albie rod, nothing has touched my 8' Weapon Jr as all time favorite.  The new 8' I have being built was a slightly different blank than the stock 7'10" Weapon Jr, has a tiny bit more material in the tip as it was explained to me.

I actually talked to black pelican earlier,  he suggested weapon jr over the demon.  Not out of the question to hook into a high teens albie down there. Guess I'm leaning towards the 8' jr now

Had my 7'10" with KL guides out for bass last night from shore. With 10" plastic and unweighted hook 1.38 oz it was a little sloppy working it. 3/4-1oz seems to be the zone like others have reported. Hope to get away from work  and get down for Albacore on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Had my 7'10" with KL guides out for bass last night from shore. With 10" plastic and unweighted hook 1.38 oz it was a little sloppy working it. 3/4-1oz seems to be the zone like others have reported. Hope to get away from work  and get down for Albacore on Sunday. 

I would say 3/4oz is the sweet spot with the 7’ 10” Weapon Jr I own.