Captain Ahab

Fall LMB lures

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KidDkivahh said:

Spinner baits chatter baits and floating jerk baits . Don't be afraid to throw anything in red . 

Why Red?   I tend to use white (with some shade variations) black and brown

Will give red a try

8 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Why Red?   I tend to use white (with some shade variations) black and brown

Will give red a try

I cant really pin point why but a read spinnerbait or a chatter bait in white and red anything trailer crushes them. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The bite has definitely changed in the last 2 weeks, I just ordered an assortment of lures to try in the reservoir. Deep water is a whole new learning curve for me compared to the lakes I'm use to fishing. 

Edited by nfnDrum

I've been fishing at sunrise. Starting with topwater then moving to a chatterbait and a light jig w/ z craw. I need to rotate in the lipless soon!

On 26/09/2020 at 2:55 AM, nfnDrum said:

The bite has definitely changed in the last 2 weeks, I just ordered an assortment of lures to try in the reservoir. Deep water is a whole new learning curve for me compared to the lakes I'm use to fishing. 

whats the dept consider deep water? mind sharing some tips? im into deep water too 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't know how much advice I can give I'm new to it and on the hunt for information myself. For me deep is past 10ft, All of my fish seem to be caught in the first 2 contour lines of my local reservoirs. Drifting the shore line sight fishing structure, weed lines, logs ect. The very basic way to catch fish. But i want to start finding bigger fish held up on drop offs, under water humps and creek beds, rock walls. Only tips i can offer are what i have managed to pick up a few fish on, jigs and drop shot near interesting contour points or where i can follow a rock wall into the water. I have to order a new fish finder since i sold mine. Deeper water is all new to me. I want to target perch and other species which I've never done outside of ice fishing with bait. 

Edited by nfnDrum