Retainer

A week to go

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

I’m T minus 7 days before I arrive in Hatteras Village. This is my family trip but I will likely fish every day. I come back for a week then I go back down October 10 for another week with the boys.

i will update the thread with fishing reports and any items of interest. I’m curious to see the progress on the Hwy 12 Bypass into Rodanthe. Getting excited now. I’ll start getting my provisions together.

bstriping, stay in touch.

16 hours ago, Retainer said:

I’m T minus 7 days before I arrive in Hatteras Village. This is my family trip but I will likely fish every day. I come back for a week then I go back down October 10 for another week with the boys.

i will update the thread with fishing reports and any items of interest. I’m curious to see the progress on the Hwy 12 Bypass into Rodanthe. Getting excited now. I’ll start getting my provisions together.

bstriping, stay in touch.

Will do. Action for reds has been good off the piers and beach. Still haven't decided whether I'm going to Portsmouth or HI yet for Columbus Day weekend. All depends on the weather or if I can get ahold of a little 6hp motor for my skiff. You should get into some decent fish. Keep in touch and let me know how ya make out next week:hooked: 

5 hours ago, bstriping said:

Will do. Action for reds has been good off the piers and beach. Still haven't decided whether I'm going to Portsmouth or HI yet for Columbus Day weekend. All depends on the weather or if I can get ahold of a little 6hp motor for my skiff. You should get into some decent fish. Keep in touch and let me know how ya make out next week:hooked: 

What have you been using to score your pups off the beach? I just replaced my mono leaders on my Mullet drum rigs. I was planning to grab some rootbeer chartreuse Paddletails When I get down there for the specks.

Just under 2 weeks to go for us. Bought an inflatable Excursion 5 with 55lb thrust salt water trolling motor. Just got it today. This thing is huge and durable for an inflatable. Mods in progress as I type. Can't wait!

Just came back last Thursday. The beaches in hatteras village have eroded pretty good if you're planning on driving them. Tried to go to OI one day last week. 8 lanes full and 3 hour wait because 1 ferry was down. Bailed. Never tried the sound side but should have. Spent most of my time up at 43,44. 

7n Bait Did your Dad go with you? They have lost about 1 1/2 miles off the south end of that island. Wast there any beach at 27 or 30?  I am planning to  go down for 2 weeks in 3 weeks.

17 hours ago, 7nBait said:

Just came back last Thursday. The beaches in hatteras village have eroded pretty good if you're planning on driving them. Tried to go to OI one day last week. 8 lanes full and 3 hour wait because 1 ferry was down. Bailed. Never tried the sound side but should have. Spent most of my time up at 43,44. 

How is Ramp 55? I spend most of my time as far down as possible.

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 hours ago, Catch This said:

7n Bait Did your Dad go with you? They have lost about 1 1/2 miles off the south end of that island. Wast there any beach at 27 or 30?  I am planning to  go down for 2 weeks in 3 weeks.

My sister had a house for the week. Went down by myself. Laid out in the sun more than I fished. Couldn't believe how much beach is gone on the south end. Never checked out 27 or 30. Also new ramps 25 and 32.. When did that happen?  And the jug handle in Rodanthe? Shows how long I haven't been down there.

Edited by 7nBait

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, Retainer said:

How is Ramp 55? I spend most of my time as far down as possible.

55.. The end of the ramp was a few feet from the ocean. Didn't even try it. 57 is doable just not a lot of room down there.

Keep in mind what I saw was based on high tide. 

Edited by 7nBait

1 hour ago, 7nBait said:

Also new ramps 25 and 32.. When did that happen?  And the jug handle in Rodanthe? Shows how long I haven't been down there.

25 and 32 opened a couple of years ago. They were built with Beach license money. The jug handle is new this year due to the bypass bridge being built. Stay safe and tell Pop I said hi.