squidder 329

Edger

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Found this on a lawn with a free sign, I'm guessing it worked before being offered up. Never used one and have been using a weed wacker so advice is welcome. The tank was dry, I suspect the ration is 50:1.

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

Most likely 50:1. What kinda motor does it have? There should be a small plate with a model number somewhere. Quick Google search should answer that question. If it was for free I doubt it runs. Does it feel like it has good compression? If it doesn't fire up try some starter fluid in the carb. If that gets it going then it dies I would bet the carb is fuqd. Id be willing to bet that you can find a whole brand new carb for that thing for under $20. Id start there is that's what happens.

Edited by chitala383

28 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Most likely 50:1. What kinda motor does it have? There should be a small plate with a model number somewhere. Quick Google search should answer that question. If it was for free I doubt it runs. Does it feel like it has good compression? If it doesn't fire up try some starter fluid in the carb. If that gets it going then it dies I would bet the carb is fuqd. Id be willing to bet that you can find a whole brand new carb for that thing for under $20. Id start there is that's what happens.

Thanks the information you supplied will be a good starting point. The area where I got the edger is ninety percent or better lawn service maintained, so I hoping it was just stored. The tank was clean looking no sign of evaporated fuel. Thanks again. 

13 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

Found this on a lawn with a free sign, I'm guessing it worked before being offered up. Never used one and have been using a weed wacker so advice is welcome. The tank was dry, I suspect the ration is 50:1.

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

I could be wrong but i'm almost certain thats not a 2 stroke engine.  If you can get it running but it runs only on 1/2 choke, its the carb needle and seat that need to be changed. Easier for you to run some youtube vids than me trying to run you thru the process. Its also a very easy fix and parts are available. 

My dad's got an edger something like that-  not a 4 stroke. ether-  Easy enough to tell-  does it have a separate oil fill?  if so it's not a 2 stroke.  If it is, some of the synthetic 2 stroke ols let you you the same mix regardless of what the engine callsf4 or-  I like Amsoil-  pricey, but i no longer have to keep multiple cans with different ratios mixed.

I've had good luck with a product called Mechanic in a bottle-  not sure what is in it but it has kept me from a couple of  carb replacements

Got a better look and checked the oil fill, looked like it was dry and stuck my finger in and it was clean oil. Couldn't find a plate with model or serial number.

IMG_2096.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2095.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

2 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

Got a better look and checked the oil fill, looked like it was dry and stuck my finger in and it was clean oil. Couldn't find a plate with model or serial number.

IMG_2096.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2095.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

If you’re looking for a manual try search for model no. 536.797561.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Awesome! Good find for you. A real edger makes a big difference. Plus it's so much easier than using a weed wacker to edge.

Thanks, hats off to the person who donated it  he went to the effort to clean it and put fresh oil before storing it. 

Edited by squidder 329

Good score, I think you'll find it comes in handy to have.  The previous owners left one at my place when I bought 2 years ago.  Some fresh oil, gas and plug and it runs.  I just edged 900 LF of driveway that hadn't been done in years and it saved me a TON of time and backache.  I reclaimed a foot of driveway in some spots.

20200930_222936.jpg

20200916_173359.jpg

20200916_171905.jpg