scoobydoo

I saw a pair of UFOs last night. Never saw anything like it.

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

Was out in the float tube last night (10pm to 4am)

One of the clearest nights in awhile.  Stars were very bright, defined and could make out galaxy clusters without issue. Could even see the slight orange glow of one of the planets.  There was no visible moon despite being a bright night. 

The event occurred about an hour into fishing. 

Saw a pair of faintly glowing football shaped figures speed across my field of view from right to left. (they did not maintain a consistent distance from one another) 

They stayed within view for about 10 seconds. 

I couldn't tell distance or height but they appeared high and somewhat far away.  And ran perpendicular in flight path to air traffic. 

There is no way it could have been a bright flashlight due to the height, distance covered, location and surroundings.

No way it could have been a pair of drones. 

If it had been shooting stars... I don't understand how they could have been seen only as a faint even glow without a hot spot. 

It was weird enough that I found myself watching the same location pretty much the entire night... Something I've never felt compelled to do. 

I parsed the go pro footage. Unfortunately it didn't capture the event...(due to mounting angle) Just me freaking out about it interrupting what the other dude was saying when it occurred (he didn't see it) 

(saw two faint shooting stars throughout which is common) 

Thought I was crazy for seeing a fighter jet drop flares over my house a few weeks ago (was relieved the media verified it) 

Been on close to 200 overnight Hudson canyon runs, 10 x that in nights out in fw... This was new. 

When I first saw them I thought maybe birds being lit up.. But had enough time  to focus  on them and rule that out. I wish I brought up my radar app.. Would have been sick if it picked it up. 

27 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

One of the clearest nights in awhile.  Stars were very bright, defined and could make out galaxy clusters without issue. Could even see the slight orange glow of one of the planets.  There was no visible moon despite being a bright night. 

Saw a pair of faintly glowing football shaped figures speed across my field of view from right to left. (they did not maintain a consistent distance from one another) 

I couldn't tell distance or height but they appeared high and somewhat far away.  And ran perpendicular in flight path to air traffic. 

There is no way it could have been a bright flashlight due to the height, distance covered, location and surroundings.

If it had been shooting stars... I don't understand how they could have been seen only as a faint even glow without a hot spot. 

It was weird enough that I found myself watching the same location pretty much the entire night... Something I've never felt compelled to do. 

I parsed the go pro footage. Unfortunately it didn't capture the event...(due to mounting angle) Just me freaking out about it interrupting what the other dude was saying when it occurred (he didn't see it) 

Thought I was crazy for seeing a fighter jet drop flares over my house a few weeks ago (was relieved the media verified it) 

Been on close to 200 overnight Hudson canyon runs, 10 x that in nights out in fw... This was new. 

When I first saw them I thought maybe birds being lit up.. But had enough time  to focus  on them and rule that out. I wish I brought up my radar app.. Would have been sick if it picked it up. 

cool story.

try laying on some grass,in a backyard with an infrared scope,you would not believe what you will see.

forget the satellites, it's the things flying that are "not" in orbit that will catch your eye.

HH

47 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

You left out one very important detail. How was the fishing?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just a couple of nights ago something very similar to what you described was seen by many people in New Jersey on a very crowded Highway. I remember reading the story it said people pulled over they were so amazed...... oops. I just went back and research this further. It was actually the Goodyear blimp that people thought was a UFO. LOL

Edited by JimK

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Bad batch of pot brownies most likely. :dismay: