Angler #1

Cleaning out the freezer

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

can be a moment back in history when we once used eels in various forms to fish with. I found a box of plug skins long forgotten about buried among the clams, mackerel, quahogs. To say they are unusable would be an understatement. Pulled out some also on skin jigs nice and neatly, ready to go, but time has taken its toll and they were buried . Found one on a special plug , left that as well as 4 nice skins that gave some appearance they could be still used . Removed all of the frozen ice bags completely, well over 70 pounds in various and assorted bags for when it was needed to make a run on the beach for a week end. All of the plastic water bottles in various sizes another 20 pounds of frozen water. Took over 25 pounds of hogs that have gone beyond making into chum all buried in my live well containers for my tomato plants for next year. I will need to check my sea clams in gallon containers [4 ] and hundreds of mackerel to see if I can can still find a use to use them in some way . Now that the science available today is to use frozen gell packs instead of water that can melt and make a mess when it does , I have been able to begin restocking the freezer with multiple gell packs that actually in my opinion last a whole lot longer that frozen water  will replace the frozen ice and give me more room to place more bait fish and such after i get it all . The gell packs come free when we order steak and some medications we get  and are reusable. Keeping up with science in the cooling area will provide me with more cooling power with less space to store them than ice. Maybe when it is all over I will have a better idea where I buried what, as far back as 2003.   D ave M if you see this give me a call Peace and Prayers      

13 hours ago, Joe G said:

How many cubic feet is that freezer of yours,  Carl?

Joe it is a commercial grade 19 cubic foot size and it is a stand up freezer.   I only use it for bait keeping. My wife has a smaller sized commercial grade for the food also a stand up model . Today will mark the fourth day in attempting to straighten out the mess inside that I made by attempting to keep it full with ice cubes in filling the gaps . The bags of ice froze in various forms and shapes , making it harder to get at and see what i really have been storing for the past years. I keep it - 5 degrees , so the bait freezers solid as does the ice . Peace and Pryaers

I also prefer the standup freezers as opposed to the chest freezers.

Be safety conscious and purchase freezers that can be opened from the inside as well as from the outside. 

7 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Angler, me?

You need to get that skunks tail to move a little How goes the battle in life ? Are you at rest yet Peace and Prayers

2 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

You need to get that skunks tail to move a little How goes the battle in life ? Are you at rest yet Peace and Prayers

Plug Ho's never rest.     ;)

4 hours ago, bassmaster said:

I only have 3 plugs,  can i borrow a pencle popper 

You can borrow mine David I have them specially blessed to catch fish when used in the right place Peace and Prayers