What’s up with Hi’s website?

Rate this topic

Alferd Packer

I just went to Histackleboxshop.... and I get a note that it’s been acquired by USAngler.

I assume the store front is still open or I would have seen something posted here.

I’d also note that the change has transitioned a moderately useful website to something that’s pretty useless. 

Comments?

18 hours ago, Double_D said:

Outdoor Pro Shop does not have what you need? I make the run up to Cotati from Walnut Creek often

Last time I checked they didn’t. But yes, going to Cotati is a better option than going south. 

23 hours ago, TedSki said:

The online store is completely separate from the brick and mortar shop now.  Not even the same inventory.  They sell gear on the website that they talk down on in store.  

Yeah, I noticed that. 

On 9/19/2020 at 4:36 PM, Alferd Packer said:

Last time I checked they didn’t. But yes, going to Cotati is a better option than going south. 

Yeah, I noticed that. 

Also Bay Tackle in El Cerrito they cater to the Surf and Ocean fishermen

"Obamacare: the efficiency of the DMV, the compassion of the IRS"

On 9/22/2020 at 7:55 AM, Alferd Packer said:

Shimano Coltsniper. They’ve been productive for me this year...

FD749627-8654-4B8D-8059-8532D4201DE0.jpeg

I bought them all. LOL

For some reason they are difficult to come by even in the off season. I think this has a lot to do with covid and the state of relations with China.

Its very difficult getting supplies from China right now. Costs have also increased dramatically also. I expect custom lure prices going up in the next year.

If you can't find them. The best idea is to go the tackle direct order. They are also having a huge problem getting things and the demand for anything fishing has increased beyond their abilities. So expect them to back order the item. They will ship eventually but it can be a frustrating wait

16 mins ago, Winch said:

I bought them all. LOL

For some reason they are difficult to come by even in the off season. I think this has a lot to do with covid and the state of relations with China.

Its very difficult getting supplies from China right now. Costs have also increased dramatically also. I expect custom lure prices going up in the next year.

If you can't find them. The best idea is to go the tackle direct order. They are also having a huge problem getting things and the demand for anything fishing has increased beyond their abilities. So expect them to back order the item. They will ship eventually but it can be a frustrating wait

Yeah, you’re right we’re witnessing a supply chain issue. Too bad the Chinese manufacturers couldn’t get vital industry status like meat packing. We kept our plants open so the Chinese could have pork, it’s only fair!

West Marine told me they would have them back in stock in October. We’ll see. 

Of course there is always the other option. Maybe this could be the first design I try building myself. (LOL!!)