gobigblue

yakattack omega pro rod holders

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

does anyone have the yak attack omega pro rod holder, that can confirm if mounting them up front on tracks they are high enough to still pedal a 2018 outback?  im tired of fighting with my scotty rod holders that dont fit my tranx reels and have to be trolled upside down.  i have rocket launchers that work fine but then the casting rods are upside down again, my ocd says i need to get 2 nice new rod holders, they have to be track mounted, able to hold low profile conventionals right side up, and be high enough to mount up front and still pedal.  frustrating pic below

20200918_092452.jpg

20200918_092509.jpg

Edited by gobigblue

I also fish a 2018 outback and a tranx. I put a rail blaza rod holder II with the extender and am very happy with the arrangement. I can configure it so I can troll with the rod perpendicular to the boat and my feet won’t hit the rod butt. I fish with a very short butt and there is not too much clearance but for me it’s perfect.

I bolted the star port right to the hull but I believe there is a star port that attaches to tracks.

The bait caster isn’t a perfect fit but stays up right for the most part as there is a notch to accommodate a trigger handle.

Edited by Pescador710

1 hour ago, Pescador710 said:

I also fish a 2018 outback and a tranx. I put a rail blaza rod holder II with the extender and am very happy with the arrangement. I can configure it so I can troll with the rod perpendicular to the boat and my feet won’t hit the rod butt. I fish with a very short butt and there is not too much clearance but for me it’s perfect.

I bolted the star port right to the hull but I believe there is a star port that attaches to tracks.

The bait caster isn’t a perfect fit but stays up right for the most part as there is a notch to accommodate a trigger handle.

Good writeup thanks.  I just bought 2 of the omega pros from a place with a liberal return policy and a trillionaire owner so i wont feel too bad returning them if i have to.  Read a couple reviews where people mentioned low profile reels fitting perfectly.  

The gearhead allows for a lot more adjustment, and lets you to lay down the extension for more spread. The holder on the right was ‘opened up’ to fit a Lexa 400.

83C74446-C55B-4AEA-8B0E-AF970C6C5BAD.jpeg

Edited by cheech
Pic

Yea im an idot. ive fought with this rod holder for 8 years and JUST realized you can move the reel forward of the latch and the trigger clamp from the handle slides in perfectly.  Learn something new everyday.  and after doing a bit more research there is a scotty model @230 with a much larger diameter rod but i think 2" im going to try that model out next.

20200920_121340.jpg

Edited by gobigblue