Roccus7

So who was fishing the Saco yesterday in a CC behind Eric Trump?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Watching the news last evening covering Eric Trump's visit to southern Maine and while he was talking a CC drifter past him in the background with 2 folks casting for stripers.  Of course I immediately stopped watching Eric and trying to see if the guys fishing hooked up and what they were using.  Anyone here the fishermen???

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 mins ago, akon said:

I was going to post a fish ID thread :). Is that a sturgeon or striper trying to jump in LePage's ear?

IMG_0177.MOV

Definitely a Sturgeon!!  99% of the time anything that looks like a Trident Missile shooting straight up out of the water is a sturgeon...

Edited by Roccus7

On 9/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, Roccus7 said:

Definitely a Sturgeon!!  99% of the time anything that looks like a Trident Missile shooting straight up out of the water is a sturgeon...

Tried fishing the s'cot river earlier this season without much luck beyond some lively very small schoolie action in one spot. But I kept seeing fish launching into the air in a way that didn't seem striped-bass-y, but still felt like a taunt given the skunking I was getting. Thinking now prob sturgeon. 

2 mins ago, ill_postino said:

Tried fishing the s'cot river earlier this season without much luck beyond some lively very small schoolie action in one spot. But I kept seeing fish launching into the air in a way that didn't seem striped-bass-y, but still felt like a taunt given the skunking I was getting. Thinking now prob sturgeon. 

I grew up on the lower Sheepscot, many years ago, and we never saw Sturgeon there, but things may have changed.  The Kennebec has always been full of sturgeon, and there are times when it seems that there is always a sturgeon in the air.