Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oda

State parks reopen this year?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I was at a state park earlier this week and they closed down the beach due to im assuming covid. Drove almost 2 hours only to find access to beach fenced off. Maybe not all state parks are closed and i was just unlucky? 

cape may national wildlife refuge. the beach is normally closed at this time for birds but you can walk the dune trail to get out to the beach thats open to fishing. 

I used to fish there back when we had a mullet run and striped bass in south Jersey. There was always a closure period and we used to walk in from Diamond beach to avoid  the wacky parking hours making us leave at sunset. 

I remember walking from diamond beach when that was the only way to the jetty unless you were in the coast guard. Been fishing there as a kid and 25 years later still go there. Would like to go there at some point this year but going to have to find out if they open access to the beach or not before I go. Its a shame cause when i found out beach was closed i was thinking man drove almost 2 hours this sucks but i met a guy out in parking with his wife in their car with pa plate on vacation from Pittsburgh.