PantherheadzSI

Price check: New In Box Gold vs150 bailless

16 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, newportrockhopper said:

10 years ago $500, today probably $750-800 if you are not in a rush. The best place to post this would probably be FB. 

Remember it’ll cost u 13% that way

I just bought one here in the BST forum for $500, reel was almost brand new and in perfect cosmetic and mechanical conditions, I was bidding on another in the $625-$650 range.

First question is that a VSX 150 or the older model. Older model price is gonna be less.

Guys is gonna have to sell it at some sort of discount to the $769 that almost everyone is selling them for retail .

I was very lucky to get mine at that price, guy was selling two of them, should have bought them both...

God Luck with Sale

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 9/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, fishinthedark said:

I just bought one here in the BST forum for $500, reel was almost brand new and in perfect cosmetic and mechanical conditions, I was bidding on another in the $625-$650 range.

First question is that a VSX 150 or the older model. Older model price is gonna be less.

Guys is gonna have to sell it at some sort of discount to the $769 that almost everyone is selling them for retail .

I was very lucky to get mine at that price, guy was selling two of them, should have bought them both...

God Luck with Sale

I believe the gold color is discontinued which makes this one a little more "rare".  

Edited by FoliFish

9 hours ago, FoliFish said:

I believe the gold color is discontinued which makes this one a little more "rare".  

It’s funny, when you could buy one no one wanted them opting instead for the black or silver models . As a result , VS discontinued the gold color. Now everybody wants them. Go figure? 

35 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

It’s funny, when you could buy one no one wanted them opting instead for the black or silver models . As a result , VS discontinued the gold color. Now everybody wants them. Go figure? 

Haha...collectibles 

To my knowledge the gold was discontinued before the vsx was introduced, but that doesn't mean there isn't a couple floating around that weren't sold directly to public. Its worth what the buyer is willing. 

On 9/28/2020 at 8:34 PM, Haycreekrambler said:

1200 or so I've seen them go for but, that's crazy. Never understood why anyone would want a gold vs. 

I had a silver, and a gold VS 275 when I was tuna fishing; so I could tell at a quick glance which reel was which. 

I sold my essentially brand new gold 250 to fund buying a new VR50, asked 500 to cover the cost of the new reel and it took a while to move, even at that price.  That was like a month or two before they started going for 800 because of the "rarity".  Sucks missing out on the price, but I cant remember ever using the 250, it sat in a box under my bed for about 3 years, and the 50 I use 50x or more a year.