DoorGunner

Great temps.

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

These chilly mornings should just about kill off the Greenheads but don't celebrate just yet. These cooler conditions will also signal the second season of Gnats. They like it cool while the Greenies like it hot. Best bet is that as usual we will probably have a windy fall that will just blow the Gnats away.

15 Greenhead Fly Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Lowcountry SC gnats weren't always called no-see-ums | Hilton Head Island  Packet

Things are happening last week saw three (supposedly Finback) whales feeding on bunker a few miles off the beach. Fishing land based catching small to med tog, fluke, baby sea bass, sharks and oyter crackers. All staged just inside the inlet, the shinners and snapper blues and herons under cloudy skies. Tommorow heading to the reef for the last fluke trip and then it will be backwater and beach fishing. 

It’s such a relief from those 80 degree mornings with 95% humidity that makes it hard to breathe. The mullet and peanuts in shallow backwaters like Shark River are starting to feel the cool nights...they know what’s coming. They gotta get from the back of the river through the channels to the ocean and they are gonna lose a lotta compadres along the way...

Just now, redfishkiller said:

WTF  is wrong witb you!

its ****ing freezing out there!

Screenshot_20200921-071619_Chrome.jpg

Pro tip wear a long dress instead of a skirt when it's cold out , wouldn't want you to get chapped lips !!!

36 here this morning. I’ll have to fire up the furnace today.  Fist time dong that in September that I can remember. 

Also made appointment to have the boat hauled yesterday which sucks. 

1 hour ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

36 here this morning. I’ll have to fire up the furnace today.  Fist time dong that in September that I can remember. 

Also made appointment to have the boat hauled yesterday which sucks. 

I turned mine on this morning. I dont care what the calender says, I'm going to be warm in my house.

Was up in rhode island fishing all last week. Thank God for heat in my popup. It got a little cold a few of those nights.