Sailah

Stolen Silverhawk in Hyannis

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

I wonder if this will fly with his insurer? I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable going offshore in a boat with a jury rigged transom.

A properly installed coosa transom would be stronger than stock and would also be practically impervious to water intrusion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

This whole thing is nuttier than a fruitcake....copied from news article I found online.

 

The Mikash is a boat in the center of a storm.

It was taken from outside Mike White’s shop in Barnstable, Massachusetts, on Tuesday. White has seen survelliance video.

“It shows him backing up to my boat early in the morning and driving down the hill with it,” White said.

Jason Kokosinski doesn’t deny that part. He also brought it to his house. But he said he bought the boat off Craigslist from someone who said he was Mike White.

“It was sold to me as a salvage boat and that’s what the title says on it as well,” Kokosinski said.

 

He’s got a title that’s signed by a Mike White, whom he paid $3,000.

But the Mike White who had the Mikash before Kokosinski said: “I don’t know who he bought it from because I have the title sitting right at my house.”

When he found the boat was missing, White put out the word on social media and it was spotted in Kokosinski’s yard. White got the Mikash back and Kokosinski was arrested.

“When I was arrested and booked I told my story and after the end the first thing the detective said to me was… I don’t believe you,” Kokosinski said.

Because of all of this, Kokosinski can’t work. He’s a security guard at the Pilgrim Nuclear Power station and, because he’s been arrested, he can’t carry his gun.

He’s in the process of getting a lawyer, hoping to get this all straightened out.

“I think I got scammed,” Kokosinski said. “I think someone saw a target of opportunity.”

Police had no opinion on Kokosinski’s guilt or innocence, only sharing the fact that he was arrested on charges of larceny and receiving stolen property.

Edited by Sailah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 10:39 PM, Sailah said:

Well since i started this i might as well keep riding it out lol. 

 

Latest message from my buddy,  hopefully BPD corroborates the Facebook posts

 

*

FullSizeR.jpg

man does that suck,he fixed her up then this **** does this to her,,,needs his balls clipped.

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 mins ago, Sailah said:

This whole thing is nuttier than a fruitcake....copied from news article I found online.

 

The Mikash is a boat in the center of a storm.

It was taken from outside Mike White’s shop in Barnstable, Massachusetts, on Tuesday. White has seen survelliance video.

“It shows him backing up to my boat early in the morning and driving down the hill with it,” White said.

Jason Kokosinski doesn’t deny that part. He also brought it to his house. But he said he bought the boat off Craigslist from someone who said he was Mike White.

“It was sold to me as a salvage boat and that’s what the title says on it as well,” Kokosinski said.

 

He’s got a title that’s signed by a Mike White, whom he paid $3,000.

But the Mike White who had the Mikash before Kokosinski said: “I don’t know who he bought it from because I have the title sitting right at my house.”

When he found the boat was missing, White put out the word on social media and it was spotted in Kokosinski’s yard. White got the Mikash back and Kokosinski was arrested.

“When I was arrested and booked I told my story and after the end the first thing the detective said to me was… I don’t believe you,” Kokosinski said.

Because of all of this, Kokosinski can’t work. He’s a security guard at the Pilgrim Nuclear Power station and, because he’s been arrested, he can’t carry his gun.

He’s in the process of getting a lawyer, hoping to get this all straightened out.

“I think I got scammed,” Kokosinski said. “I think someone saw a target of opportunity.”

Police had no opinion on Kokosinski’s guilt or innocence, only sharing the fact that he was arrested on charges of larceny and receiving stolen property.

This idiot is a security guard at a power plant? What a schmuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I read through this because it is such an amazing story.  I have no idea what is going on here after reading 4 pages of this thread.  I find it impossible to imagine all the complete stupidity that has been described in the thread.  Buying a boat for $3000 without checking anything out? really?  I have a cheap bridge for sale send me a $1000. Okay will do ..Crazy indeed. It has to be the Covid 19 syndrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, salvage boat? LOOK at the boat? Does it look like crap? No. 

 

Idiot.

 

And he met the guy, paid him cash and get the boat from someone else's driveway? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailah said:

This whole thing is nuttier than a fruitcake....copied from news article I found online.

 

The Mikash is a boat in the center of a storm.

It was taken from outside Mike White’s shop in Barnstable, Massachusetts, on Tuesday. White has seen survelliance video.

“It shows him backing up to my boat early in the morning and driving down the hill with it,” White said.

Jason Kokosinski doesn’t deny that part. He also brought it to his house. But he said he bought the boat off Craigslist from someone who said he was Mike White.

“It was sold to me as a salvage boat and that’s what the title says on it as well,” Kokosinski said.

 

He’s got a title that’s signed by a Mike White, whom he paid $3,000.

But the Mike White who had the Mikash before Kokosinski said: “I don’t know who he bought it from because I have the title sitting right at my house.”

When he found the boat was missing, White put out the word on social media and it was spotted in Kokosinski’s yard. White got the Mikash back and Kokosinski was arrested.

“When I was arrested and booked I told my story and after the end the first thing the detective said to me was… I don’t believe you,” Kokosinski said.

Because of all of this, Kokosinski can’t work. He’s a security guard at the Pilgrim Nuclear Power station and, because he’s been arrested, he can’t carry his gun.

He’s in the process of getting a lawyer, hoping to get this all straightened out.

“I think I got scammed,” Kokosinski said. “I think someone saw a target of opportunity.”

Police had no opinion on Kokosinski’s guilt or innocence, only sharing the fact that he was arrested on charges of larceny and receiving stolen property.

This is the wackiest story ever. The guy supposedly bought a $50,000 dollar boat for $3000 and didn’t think there was something suspicious going on? Also when he picked up the boat and saw that it was in great shape why did he immediately start chopping it up. It’s frightening that this guy is allowed to carry a gun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, z-man said:

This is the wackiest story ever. The guy supposedly bought a $50,000 dollar boat for $3000 and didn’t think there was something suspicious going on? Also when he picked up the boat and saw that it was in great shape why did he immediately start chopping it up. It’s frightening that this guy is allowed to carry a gun. 

Exactly. That's the part that doesn't pass the sniff test. 

Koko could have put the $50k boat back on Craigslist for $15k, and flipped it in a week. Made a handsome profit without getting his hands dirty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tailslap said:

Only a criminal would cut that boat up like that. Guilty. 

Isn't all the thief have the same excuse? I watched too much Cops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fishdog13 said:

Bet ya see a bracket and an outboard on her next season. 

I said the same thing when the photos appeared...Oddly convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gabe said:

I said the same thing when the photos appeared...Oddly convenient.

Insurance fraud? Maybe Koko was supposed to quickly pull the motor and then dump the hull somewhere but the police did their job too fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.