Sailah

Stolen Silverhawk in Hyannis

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

15 mins ago, FishermanTim said:

They should take a saws-all to his crotch, and do just as neat of a job rushing to get rid of it.

 

Make the jerk PAY for either a complete replacement boat or complete repairs and engine overhaul (because he probably screwed with the engine in an attempt to remove it).

Then throw his sorry ass in jail. 

The thief probably couldn’t even pay for his bag of dope not a chance you would get that kind of money out of him. That boat likely costs more than he makes in 3-5 years;  if he has a job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

The thief probably couldn’t even pay for his bag of dope not a chance you would get that kind of money out of him. That boat likely costs more than he makes in 3-5 years;  if he has a job. 

That's where the saws-all part comes into play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't begin to imagine what the guy was trying to accomplish.  There are easier things to steal and make money on.  But, you kinda expect the thief to be an idiot.  

 

Is it a common thing to steal a boat?   Someone just tried the same kind of thing here a couple months ago (Kentucky Green River Lake). They were at least trying to strip the paint and repaint it for use.  Stupid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, Killroy said:

I can't begin to imagine what the guy was trying to accomplish.  There are easier things to steal and make money on.  But, you kinda expect the thief to be an idiot.  

 

Is it a common thing to steal a boat?   Someone just tried the same kind of thing here a couple months ago (Kentucky Green River Lake). They were at least trying to strip the paint and repaint it for use.  Stupid.  

Saw one not too long ago stolen then recovered the next day or two I think;  with its outboard gone. I believe it was MA.  I’d bet this guy was too dumb to realize it didn’t have an outboard on it until he got the thing home and that was probably his plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 mins ago, Sailah said:

If you Google Mikash and Silverhawk they have a mugshot of the gem who stole it.

Interesting. I did; then fb to see if it popped up there. And the guy accused posted on his social media “he was scammed and a victim of fraud.”


Barnstable PD posted about it and a few of the comments saying “He didn’t steal it he was scammed” as well. So perhaps he isn’t one of the not so rare Hyannis heroin addicts. Without a title in hand not sure how you could be scammed or why you would begin cutting that beautiful boat up though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Interesting. I did; then fb to see if it popped up there. And the guy accused posted on his social media “he was scammed and a victim of fraud.”


Barnstable PD posted about it and a few of the comments saying “He didn’t steal it he was scammed” as well. So perhaps he isn’t one of the not so rare Hyannis heroin addicts. Without a title in hand not sure how you could be scammed or why you would begin cutting that beautiful boat up though..

What would the scam be? Free $50,000 boat. Just come pick it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the boat has been found I guess I'll keep an open mind about the suspect's guilt or innocence.  Everyone deserves fairness under our justice system.

 

That said, the actions taken by the suspect who was apparently "scammed" in the short time since the he had the boat, don't comport with what I would think are reasonable actions.  Ripping off the swim platform and cutting out the engine with a sawzall are the last things I would do to a cherry boat that I think I got scammed on.

 

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Scammed” right. I’m trying to wrap my head around what the “scam” could possibly be. What kind of a scam would involve picking up a newly restored boat and remove the engine via the transom with a sawzall? If it was an insurance job it most certainly would have been taken off cape. Sounds like he’s grasping at some sort of defense. But it is innocent until proven guilty. I put a master lock on the trailer tongue of my 25 year old 19’ beater, I sure as hell would have had one on this boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 0:18 AM, 7 Rivers said:

Mass is such a great place, NOT!

Exactly,  they have voted that place into what its is......what ya call making your own bed...i assure you that it is going to get worse in the future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bob_G said:

I wonder if this will fly with his insurer? I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable going offshore in a boat with a jury rigged transom.

Transoms are replaced quite frequently during boat restorations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.