Sailah

Stolen Silverhawk in Hyannis

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

Hopefully that's all the dirtbag cut; transoms are not a tough fix. Those Silverhawks are sweet, a slightly larger version / evolution of the 23' Seacraft. I almost bought one a few years back. 

47 mins ago, harley48 said:

Curious where he took it, did he stay on cape? Did he take it off cape? Frigging scumbag hope they throw the book at him

The article said it was found at a residence on West Main Street Hyannis. The crook didn’t even leave town. Doesn’t sound like the smartest person.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, harley48 said:

Curious where he took it, did he stay on cape? Did he take it off cape? Frigging scumbag hope they throw the book at him

From what I can tell by the Capecod online article..the boat never left the town.  BPD found it in a local driveway.

Capt Mike's * page has some cool videos of it running, I bet the thief heard that engine and had to have it.

I'm getting all my info from a good friend whose wife grew up with Mike in Cotuit.  He worked at Crosby's for a long time and surely can fix it up proper.  Just a pain in the rear.  I hope the restitution and insurance allow it to come back mint.

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post links to commercial websites here - thanks

7 mins ago, z-man said:

The article said it was found at a residence on West Main Street Hyannis. The crook didn’t even leave town. Doesn’t sound like the smartest person.

Yeah that’s definitely an idiot. Glad he got nabbed, hopefully they can slap that transom back together over the winter 

2 mins ago, FishRatz said:

What was so special about the engine?

I can't post a link but if you look up his instagram handle ( nantuit) you can hear it's pretty healthy.  Not sure it was worth going to jail for it but obviously the thief panicked and made a mess of his boat vs just doing the right thing (after he did the wrong thing).  The video I saw had it hitting 50 mph.

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

Something sounds fishy here? :squid:

The boat was posted on almost every cape cod related fishing page I am a member of on social media yesterday. Only thing fishy was the clown that thought he could steal such a beautiful boat then bring it to his house in the same town and cut it up without being noticed. Probably left the clinic and was thinking of ways to buy a weeks worth of heroin when he drove by that boat...

21 hours ago, CcCstriper89 said:

The boat was posted on almost every cape cod related fishing page I am a member of on social media yesterday. Only thing fishy was the clown that thought he could steal such a beautiful boat then bring it to his house in the same town and cut it up without being noticed. Probably left the clinic and was thinking of ways to buy a weeks worth of heroin when he drove by that boat...

Hyannis has turned into a junkie chithole

Edited by harley48

They should take a saws-all to his crotch, and do just as neat of a job rushing to get rid of it.

Make the jerk PAY for either a complete replacement boat or complete repairs and engine overhaul (because he probably screwed with the engine in an attempt to remove it).

Then throw his sorry ass in jail.